Lichties v Accies

Why are nerves kicking in. You guys are about to play the worst team in the division by far. A defence that has more holes than Rab C Nesbit's vest.

And just for good measure our wonderful owner, McGowan, has taken to isolating the fans even more. Great timing just before one of our biggest games in years and he passes round the begging bowl asking for money from said fans

Do us a favour Arbroath, thump us and hope Cove get at least a draw. Maybe then once we get relagated McGowan will feck right off and take Rankin with him

On 03/05/2023 at 20:19, TONTROOPER said:

YOUTH CUP FINAL

Forgive me for posting a totally irrelevant comment regarding Lichties v Accies....but theres a cracker of a Youth Final happening on Ch9 Scotland....right now.

The self same Youth League where Accies are top  above Aberdeen and The Old Firm and lost the Semi-Final to Rangers due to our best three players being unavailable- unlike Rangers who drafted three in from their Lowland League side for that game.

Meanwhile, what a contrast in build up to this game.Arbroath and players like Bobby Linn(he would start in my team fwiw)encouraging a big and noisy support whereas The Accies Board-in particular McGowan- have spent the last week having digs at the fans culminating in today's attack on the fans in The Hamilton Advertiser with a near full page attack on " keyboard warriors", folk with banners,boo-boys(completely off the scale this as the fans have backed these duds all season) and the coup de grat of supporters chasing away a potential Investor who was going to put serious investment in the club.

All nonsensical as John Viola and partners tried to buy the Club, but pulled out as McGowan refused to relinquish The Stadium Company.

There is a lot of anger on Forums/Social Media at the comments from The Owners this week.Putting a tanked up,angry support near The Directors Box and potentially goading Hospitality and other fans is a disaster waiting to happen and as a fan who watched the disaster unfold in the Homeless Years,this has a similar vibe.

Back then,the then Owners were attacked and folk arrested after we were dented to The Third Division.I sense similar anger here and with a long journey and drink added to the equation, this could get really ugly.

51 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Why are nerves kicking in. You guys are about to play the worst team in the division by far. A defence that has more holes than Rab C Nesbit's vest.

And just for good measure our wonderful owner, McGowan, has taken to isolating the fans even more. Great timing just before one of our biggest games in years and he passes round the begging bowl asking for money from said fans

Do us a favour Arbroath, thump us and hope Cove get at least a draw. Maybe then once we get relagated McGowan will feck right off and take Rankin with him

You could play without a defence and a goalkeeper and we wouldn’t get a shot off on target 

2 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Amazed at people wanting Bobby to start after his last couple of appearances. 

Watching him at Firhill was quite tough. He looks finished.

I left at 2-0 but agree he’s not looked anywhere near the same in his cameo appearances recently and I feel like that’s our fault too for hardly playing a 37 year old winger. He will be rusty and look rusty.

I mind last year was similar and then he got chucked in out the blue v Partick Thistle on a Wednesday night and he was brilliant for 45 minutes before looking absolutely fucked the second half and then looking absolutely fucked the following game v Dunfermline where he was subbed after 45 minutes. 

However I mind him barely kicking a ball and coming on out the blue against Inverness in the play offs and absolutely ripping it up in that which was a massive game. This is similar, guy clearly not at peak fitness however he’s by far and away the most dangerous player we’ve got and it could be his last game ever for us. Him putting a performance in and keeping us up would be some way to finish. 

Maybe I am being too Hollywood but f**k it I would rather give him a chance. 

Starting Linn is a far better option than bringing him on if we’re chasing the game imo.

He was, by miles, our most dangerous player for the first half of the season and, even though age finally appears to be catching up with him, I still think he could offer a lot tonight. Particularly against a very poor team like Accies.

If this is to be his final game then at least let it end like that and not with 20 minutes of desperation.

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think, if we're going to play him, we should start him, then take him off in the second half for el Mhanni. 

Btw, surely the club would have announced it if this was to be his final game?  

I don’t think that’s something you would announce or Bobby would announce when the club could potentially go down 

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don’t think that’s something you would announce or Bobby would announce when the club could potentially go down 

Agree. No way would (or should) the club do anything to distract from the matter at hand.

If we were safe and it was to be Bobby’s last game then I’m sure it would be billed as such.

Think Sir Bobby Linn will make an appearance in the 2nd half tonight - he will be rearing to go, of that I have no doubt.

Hopefully he signs next season - 5 mins of magic from Linn can change a game - having a player the quality of Linn on the bench is a great option.

As for tonight, anything can happen - I'd settle for a low scoring draw and for Morton to win at Cove - but it's never as easy as that.

Going to be a nerve racking 90 mins ( probably across all the games in the Championship tonight).

Edited by clashcityrocker

16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nerves kicking in. For me

Gaston

Banks

Little

ToB

Hetherington

Balde

Stewart

McKenna

Dow

Linn

Hilson 

Obviously we don't see what's going on in training but this is what most would say should play but I would bet on Bitsondou starting and also Olusanya,

Fully expect an absolute mental line up tonight 

I would rather we started with 2 actual “strikers” (do we have that many) as watching another 90 minutes of floated crosses and hoofs for Hilson that’ll be mana from heaven for their giant centre halfs, will be utterly miserable.

Edited by Tattie36