Stranraer 2023-24

Incidentally, it would be nice to see a club lobbying for better access to the SPFL for teams in the LL and HL.

Surely much better to do it now (or at least next season if we survive) rather than to leave it until you're out of the club shouting into the void.

Murray Miller moves to Stranraer on loan for the rest of the season:

Murray Miller Signs with Stranraer for the Remainder of the Season - SAFC (stirlingalbionfc.co.uk)

Hope he does well for you, in the games that I saw him in, I thought he looked very technical and comfortable on the ball, but without doing very much with it. Some of our posters thought he did well in games that I thought he looked ok in, but ultimately he didn't really come in and look any better than what we already had or did enough to "stamp he authority" onto the squad, so this move is obviously for the best for him, but I hope he does well for you.

47 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Murray Miller moves to Stranraer on loan for the rest of the season:

Murray Miller Signs with Stranraer for the Remainder of the Season - SAFC (stirlingalbionfc.co.uk)

Hope he does well for you, in the games that I saw him in, I thought he looked very technical and comfortable on the ball, but without doing very much with it. Some of our posters thought he did well in games that I thought he looked ok in, but ultimately he didn't really come in and look any better than what we already had or did enough to "stamp he authority" onto the squad, so this move is obviously for the best for him, but I hope he does well for you.

Sounds as if he'll fit right in.

Too much negativity online. That sort of attitude spreads. The team and club needs support. If the negativity continues that will only make it harder for the players. Encourage. There is 6 teams in the mix to go to a play off. Nervy for all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a broken record but there's something strange about this season.

Feels like we're just accepting our fate because fans and those in charge at the club like Scott Agnew (including me).

Hammill was sacked for much less, as was Keith Knox, as were various others over the years.

Also, I'll say it again, the contract extension for the manager was wild.

Better to sleepwalk to relegation and hope for the best, or roll the dice with a new manager and hope for the best?

Hard to say now, I guess we'll go with the former.

Also, The Lowland League is a dreadful fate, at least for my tastes, if that's where we end up.

Edited by GallowayBlue

2 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

30th March (Bonnyrigg H) and the week after away at Clyde. Ooft. Thats our season right there.

If I’ve tbh I think use will be safe. You have looked better than Bonnyrigg recently, so I think you will still collect a few more points than the rose this season. I fancy use against Bonnyrigg at home as they only play route 1 boot it up the park. I reckon we will collect 3 points off you, although there is no need to bring golf clubs again. I know it’s just a section of fans that behaved inappropriately but I hope your club dealt with them accordingly. Although bear in mind, make sure they see the match against us it’ll be a lovely feeling seeing their reaction, after the Bully Wee get 3 pts.

34 minutes ago, skiblue said:

Agreed Hamill sacked 4 a one off gubbing... Now looking over the relegation edge

He won 35% of games, Agnew has won 31% of games.

My feeling is that there's either some kind of collective goodwill towards Agnew that means his future has barely been discussed by fans, or there has been a lowering of expectations.

I definitely read more comments along the lines of what do you expect with low crowds etc. as previously commented on, but that has pretty much always been the case in the SPFL era and we've never been this far down the table.

4 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

If I’ve tbh I think use will be safe. You have looked better than Bonnyrigg recently, so I think you will still collect a few more points than the rose this season. I fancy use against Bonnyrigg at home as they only play route 1 boot it up the park. I reckon we will collect 3 points off you, although there is no need to bring golf clubs again. I know it’s just a section of fans that behaved inappropriately but I hope your club dealt with them accordingly. Although bear in mind, make sure they see the match against us it’ll be a lovely feeling seeing their reaction, after the Bully Wee get 3 pts.

I hope so. I cant see either of Bonnyrigg, Clyde or ourselves beating EK over two legs (who i expect will win the play-off against Highland Lg champs). 

49 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

I hope so. I cant see either of Bonnyrigg, Clyde or ourselves beating EK over two legs (who i expect will win the play-off against Highland Lg champs). 

Beaten by Bo'ness yesterday. Their defence is absolutely hopeless they are absolutely not a shoe in to come up as most people think they are.

On 17/03/2024 at 14:47, Neilly said:

Beaten by Bo'ness yesterday. Their defence is absolutely hopeless they are absolutely not a shoe in to come up as most people think they are.

Playoffs can be strange. Saw both Albion Rovers and Spartans a few times before last season's playoffs and Rovers were the better side by a mile. But they froze in the playoffs. I suspect in some cases this was because players knew they were on their way out and had no real loyalty to the club, in contrast to many in the Spartans side.

6 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Not that history matters, but I believe Stranraer have the worst playoff record of any team since they were introduced in 2006.

As in, we've appeared in the most playoffs without coming out as the winner.

Well, thats cheered me up.😆

17 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

With Bonnyrigg Rose changing manager, Stranraer are now the only team in the relegation battle to stick rather than twist.

I hope it pays off.

Peter Weatherson looked a  lonely figure yesterday. Given his after match comments i  wouldn't think he  is the guy  to take you forward.

Edited by Beachcomber

On paper the Stranraer squad is decent and shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom. I'd be surprised if you don't finish above Bonyrigg at the very least. 

With Ayr playing on Friday night I may take in the game as a neutral. Can't beat a day at Stranraer. Some of my best away games with Ayr were spent at Stair Park 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

On paper the Stranraer squad is decent and shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom. I'd be surprised if you don't finish above Bonyrigg at the very least. 

With Ayr playing on Friday night I may take in the game as a neutral. Can't beat a day at Stranraer. Some of my best away games with Ayr were spent at Stair Park 

I agree.

At the start of the season people were feeling positive, and I think there was even talk of a title challenge.

I think the manager should stay until the end of the season, but even if we do battle to survival I think we need a new manager next season.