Stranraer 2023-24

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AUcal said:

A few of us heading down for this on Saturday. Would very much like to see Stranraer win it.

Big fan of the pyramid and nothing against he LL, would just rather keep clubs like Stranraer if the replacements are going to be outfits like EK.

Been a few years since I've been down, wheres best for a few drinks before the game?

StranraerFC FITBA bar in town north strand St. Pavilion bar will be too busy probably very small. The Pub 10minute walk from ground. Royal Hotel. Craigenelder meals and drink.

Oh and BTW thanks for the support. 

Edited by Blue1870

3 hours ago, AUcal said:

A few of us heading down for this on Saturday. Would very much like to see Stranraer win it.

Big fan of the pyramid and nothing against he LL, would just rather keep clubs like Stranraer if the replacements are going to be outfits like EK.

Been a few years since I've been down, wheres best for a few drinks before the game?

Ruddicot is decent. We were in there last game of the season in fancy dress and they couldn't have been more welcoming considering the nick we were in.

5-10 minute walk to the ground.

Trying desperately to work things out so i can have the car for Saturday and make the 12hr round trip. Fingers crossed.🤞

1 hour ago, Third Son from the Rock said:

I'd like to wish Stranraer all the best against East Kilbride. I have nothing against East Kilbride but Stranraer is a terrific old community club in a remote place. The SPFL would be a worse place without them. 

think the fact buchie didn't take part in this there could be an argument that. pyramid doesn't fully work or a big rethink is. needed

7 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

StranraerFC FITBA bar in town north strand St. Pavilion bar will be too busy probably very small. The Pub 10minute walk from ground. Royal Hotel. Craigenelder meals and drink.

Oh and BTW thanks for the support. 

Mon The raer

51 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Mon The raer

Cheers might need some o that raer whisky on Saturday. Ek are decent by the way. Garbage ground size wise but team is full of useful players.

On 13/05/2024 at 15:43, MrFizz said:

Trying desperately to work things out so i can have the car for Saturday and make the 12hr round trip. Fingers crossed.🤞

The phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'.

The lady who had agreed to swap shifts with the Mrs on Saturday now can't, so i have no car. 

Nervously checking for score updates for me then.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Send her to work in a taxi

It would be very expensive. She's a community nurse!🤣

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Good luck for tomorrow, guys. Hope Aggy sees you through against Methadone Mick.

Will there be a stream?

Dont think so. Just highlights after.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Meant to ask after I was last down for the Stenhousemuir game, but why have you did away with quite a few rows of seats in the main stand? 

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be there hoping to see you guys retain league status

There is 900 new seats which you see right and middle along top.

There is app a further 600 seats needing replaced. Due to lack of funds the club weren't able to replace all 1500.  As temp measure they have removed as many as they can just now. Leaving just plain concrete steps. On the right some of guys who help out the groundsman have put a few seat bases onto steps as some sort of seating. 

2 hours ago, Hammyton said:

Hopefully Ek win this comfortably, you finish bottom you should go down.

Agreed. Shouldn’t get a trophy for finishing 10th bottom of the league either.