Loneliness as dangerous as smoking 15 cigarettes a day

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't really see where the correlation between the two exists.

Exactly. Absolutely buy in to the fact that loneliness needs to be highlighted but using this analogy is a bit crass.

Lack of social connection is also linked to lower academic achievement and worse performance at work, according to a new advisory.

It's quite incredible how absolutely everything has to be linked to economic productivity in an attempt to be taken seriously.

As far as fags go, I presume they're making the point that everyone knows cigarettes reduce lifespan, while loneliness appears to have similar effects, yet flies under the radar. It's not a literal connection.

Personally, I recommend the P&B Combo - misanthropy and screaming into the void  :thumsup2

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't really see where the correlation between the two exists.

The correlation between what two things? Loneliness and early death? It's fairly well established that loneliness has profound effects on health.