What will you be doing on Saturday?

21 minutes ago, Delicate Flower said:

Makes sense. Cos when you die that's the first thing St Peter asks - how many coronations did you watch on TV?

St Peter : Did you ever perform any acts of bravery during your time on Earth?

New arrival :  Yes, I once went into the wrong end of the ground at an OF match, and I was wearing the wrong colours.

St Peter  :  Now that certainly is a brave act. When did you do this?

New arrival  :  About 2 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was only 6 months old for the last one, I doubt I'll be around for the next one, so I'm definitely watching this one.

That's the bravest post on here yet. Kudos JG.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was only 6 months old for the last one, I doubt I'll be around for the next one, so I'm definitely watching this one.

That'll do me for Coronation ceremonies - lasted longer than the Queen's Park v Dundee game and wasn't half as entertaining. They could have put the whole thing over in half an hour.

And as for the music - typical High Church, absolute shite. I don't know how anyone could listen to that every week.

8 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Cat sitting, dog walking, watching 1860 Munchen v Freiburg ll and then the Killie game, perfect Saturday.

Down with the monarchy etc

I was also cat sitting, but the cat fucked off out a window so I watched the football instead.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That'll do me for Coronation ceremonies - lasted longer than the Queen's Park v Dundee game and wasn't half as entertaining. They could have put the whole thing over in half an hour.

And as for the music - typical High Church, absolute shite. I don't know how anyone could listen to that every week.

Sounds like a World Cup opening ceremony.

Did Chuckles get a song from a well past-her-prime pop singer with no obvious connections to the country? Grace Jones would've been perfect for a return.

48 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Sounds like a World Cup opening ceremony.

Did Chuckles get a song from a well past-her-prime pop singer with no obvious connections to the country? Grace Jones would've been perfect for a return.

Diana Ross went to crown him but missed and dropped it.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Diana Ross went to crown him but missed and dropped it.

Clearly scared to touch him in the morning.

Heard this woman on the radio saying attending the royal panto pish was a “once in a lifetime” opportunity. The new boy is a 75 year old sausage-fingered ruddy-faced pickled jaikey. We’ll have all this to go through again in the next decade.

43 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Heard this woman on the radio saying attending the royal panto pish was a “once in a lifetime” opportunity. The new boy is a 75 year old sausage-fingered ruddy-faced pickled jaikey. We’ll have all this to go through again in the next decade.

If you were born in the mid fifties it would maybe feel like a once in a lifetime thing and if jug ears lives as long as his mother did they could easily only see one changeover in their lives.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I was interested in the lady in the blue dress with the sword. Was that a Tory MP?

Penny Mordaunt. She is conservative MP down Portsmouth way and ran for leadership when Boris got the boot. She (lucky for her) missed out but has been heavy involved with this stuff, and was also central at the crossover ceremony immediately after the Queen passed.

She definitely was striking yesterday and gave off heavy MILF vibes.

19 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I watched it all yesterday as I am quite interested in history and find these pageants fascinating. It’s incredible to think a lot of the formalities and ceremonies date back many hundreds of years.

Having said that, I think I preferred the funeral last Autumn. Better music and not as drawn out. 

2 minutes ago, deegee said:

I watched it all yesterday as I am quite interested in history and find these pageants fascinating. It’s incredible to think a lot of the formalities and ceremonies date back many hundreds of years.

Having said that, I think I preferred the funeral last Autumn. Better music and not as drawn out. 

I enjoyed the processions to and from the Abbey more than the ceremony, to be honesT

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I was interested in the lady in the blue dress with the sword. Was that a Tory MP?

She is of fame for making speeches in the house of commons to win a bet so take from that what you will.

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

She is of fame for making speeches in the house of commons to win a bet so take from that what you will.

10 years ago, she made this speech to parliament.