The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

17 hours ago, One T said:

No, but unusual for demand to significantly exceed supply.

When we sell from the portacabin it is usually because the supply is limited, but I will give you that demand will probably significantly outstrip supply - could depend on tonight’s result.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No idea what Coyle’s going to do to make it work over these two games. Despite the obvious weaknesses I can’t see him changing defence or defensive midfield, although it would be helpful if he could get them to stop the hoofball. Seems to be the back line think it’s safer to bang it away than play out now, but the ball just comes right back at them and often when they are out of position. Please stop it!

The never-ending issue of the left wing failed another test on Friday. In the centre-mid role, Savoury’s ineffectiveness seems to be worsening. Jarrett, who I had high hopes for, also seems to have been flat in his recent showings. Williamson still not quite there. Dom shirked out of every 50/50 near him on Friday. What’s happened to these guys? 

I had assumed that the floaty long balls to the corners were an OC tactic given they've been doing it for months now and as far as I'm aware nobody's been chewed out/dropped for doing it.  Again, it seems genuinely bizarre given, a) Fox's ability to play out from the back, b) our indecisiveness when it comes to what wide players we choose, c) the inaccuracy of said floaty long balls and d) our low success rate in winning headers/second balls when the ball comes back to us with interest.

Said it before and I'll say it again, move Savoury out wide as I'm not too sure he's coping with the physicallity of being in the middle, (not a criticism, he's a young player after all who's generally stepped up big time this year).  I'd also like to see Davidson in beside Boateng.

I have little or no interest in this round of playoffs, a wee bit in the next round but would make an effort for the playoff finals. 

Just thinking that is an extra £120 give or take, for tickets alone. 

It would be much better with one off ties for this round and the final. Make it more of an event but we are slaves to the television deal, even at this level.

Might go tonight, might not. 

29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I have little or no interest in this round of playoffs, a wee bit in the next round but would make an effort for the playoff finals. 

Just thinking that is an extra £120 give or take, for tickets alone. 

It would be much better with one off ties for this round and the final. Make it more of an event but we are slaves to the television deal, even at this level.

Might go tonight, might not. 

I'm picking and choosing for this reason. Might feel a bit daft if we get punted out this round but if we made it to the final then it would be £120+ on tickets when season ticket renewals will be out soon and I'm booked up for Norway with Scotland so something has to give. 

11 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They'd just claim the side with most Weegies on it deserve it.

Just you worry where old spider hair is off to.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

How much are we realistically getting for two extra legs from BBC Scotland? Split between the clubs must be so negligible as to be pointless. Eliminator games would be a much better draw for TV too. It's a crap format. 

I don't know if there is any payment per game? It goes into the pot, as does a portion of gate receipts, AFAIK.

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

That's what I mean, so the gain per club per additional game must be miniscule. 

Yup. I would say so but still quite a burden on fans who choose to go to some/ all of the extra matches.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

I had assumed that the floaty long balls to the corners were an OC tactic given they've been doing it for months now and as far as I'm aware nobody's been chewed out/dropped for doing it.  Again, it seems genuinely bizarre given, a) Fox's ability to play out from the back, b) our indecisiveness when it comes to what wide players we choose, c) the inaccuracy of said floaty long balls and d) our low success rate in winning headers/second balls when the ball comes back to us with interest.

Said it before and I'll say it again, move Savoury out wide as I'm not too sure he's coping with the physicallity of being in the middle, (not a criticism, he's a young player after all who's generally stepped up big time this year).  I'd also like to see Davidson in beside Boateng.

What about Jack Thompson or Jake Davidson in for Savoury at centre mid to add a bit of physical presence there?

57 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

What about Jack Thompson or Jake Davidson in for Savoury at centre mid to add a bit of physical presence there?

This had occurred to me too. A few folk have remarked that Jake is good going forwards so why not play him a bit further up the park?

29 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I can’t make it along tonight but it’s just hit me that I’m absolutely bricking it for this.

I’m not sure why since I think our chances of going up are in the region of nil but there we go.

I can't make it either and to be honest, I'm kind of resigned to another season in the Championship. I obviously want us to win every game we play in but, given that I don't think we have much chance of winning over the course of 6 games, I'd almost like to be put out of my misery now.

Of course if we play you off the park tonight & score a hatful of goals, I reserve the right to change my view entirely.

Hope its as good as Friday's game.

0-0 draw all but guaranteed now.