Airdrie v Falkirk, 1st leg

3 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It's this kind of arrogant / misguided comment that will hopefully come back and bite you. To think that as long as Falkirk turn up you'll be OK, is beyond stupid. But I hope your team go into the game with that attitude. I really do. 

What is wrong with thinking that the team who finished above you over the course of a 36 game season will be okay as long as we turn up and perform to the best of our ability? 

2 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Shitting myself for this tonight. Genuinely believe that wee need at least a 4 goal cushion going into the 2nd leg to have any confidence whatsoever as we know Airdrie can turn it on at any point.

From an Airdrie fan this would make sense considering the leads we’ve bottled this season but I personally can’t see us repeating last year’s semi final feat of a big comeback

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think a few P&B Bairns are building Airdrie up to be something they aren't. This is all about us & whether we turn up.

Get the daubers out ladies and gentlemen, Falkirk Fans Lingo Bingo is officially underway! Congratulations to any of you who guessed the regular arrogance personified cropper upper "we are the only team that matters in this game and our opposition have no bearing" would be first up. 

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Get the daubers out ladies and gentlemen, Falkirk Fans Lingo Bingo is officially underway! Congratulations to any of you who guessed the regular arrogance personified cropper upper "we are the only team that matters in this game and our opposition have no bearing" would be first up. 

I genuinely believe you have the worst patter on this site. Incredible how shit it can be

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

What is wrong with thinking that the team who finished above you over the course of a 36 game season will be okay as long as we turn up and perform to the best of our ability? 

What if the reason Airdrie finished below Falkirk is that we didn’t “turn up” as much over the course of the season? As has been said already, anything can happen in the playoffs and Airdrie have made teams look crap at times this season, Falkirk included, and blown them away. If that Airdrie turn up and play to the best of their ability does Falkirk’s best better it? Who’s to say?

My main concern is that we’ve also crumbled at times this season and blown comfortable leads. Maintaining our best over the four games required to achieve promotion and not falling apart over 360 (or possibly 420) minutes might be a big ask, but if Airdrie also “turn up” as you say it’s really anyone’s game.

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

What if the reason Airdrie finished below Falkirk is that we didn’t “turn up” as much over the course of the season? As has been said already, anything can happen in the playoffs and Airdrie have made teams look crap at times this season, Falkirk included, and blown them away. If that Airdrie turn up and play to the best of their ability does Falkirk’s best better it? Who’s to say?

My main concern is that we’ve also crumbled at times this season and blown comfortable leads. Maintaining our best over the four games required to achieve promotion and not falling apart over 360 (or possibly 420) minutes might be a big ask, but if Airdrie also “turn up” as you say it’s really anyone’s game.

Then over the course of 36 games that would just make you not as good. 

15 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I genuinely believe you have the worst patter on this site. Incredible how shit it can be

Thanks for taking a clearly ongoing interest and putting some real thought into it. I literally have no clue who you are and have never noticed you, so I'm afraid I cant reply in kind 👍

Edited by cb_diamond

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Thanks for taking an clearly ongoing interest and putting some real thought into it. I literally have no clue who you are and have never noticed you, so I'm afraid I cant reply in kind 👍

The great cb_diamond doesn't know who I am, how will I cope

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Then over the course of 36 games that would just make you not as good. 

Falkirk were obviously better than Airdrie over the course of 36 games nobody is disputing that. The playoffs aren’t played over 36 games though, if you hadn’t noticed. What matters is who is better over two games against each other, and we’ve matched each other in those games over the course of the season. We know that as well as anyone considering we lost last season to a team we finished 21 points clear of, but always had tight games with us over the course of that season. We were much better than Queen’s Park over the course of the season but they were better than us in the playoff final, and that’s what mattered.

If either team gets an easy win it’s because their opponent let themselves down and if both teams play to the best of their ability it’ll be tight. Falkirk just needing to “turn up and play their best” is nonsense and arrogant.

34 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Dobber^

59 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

He does have a point about the “it’s all about us” comments players (Scott Brown springs to mind) or fans make. It’s a shitey thing to come out with, especially in a game with not much between the teams.

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He does have a point about the “it’s all about us” comments players (Scott Brown springs to mind) or fans make. It’s a shitey thing to come out with, especially in a game with not much between the teams.

A fair point mixed amongst absolute whopper.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Because it absolutely dismisses the opposition and their ability. But if your team go out thinking they just need to turn up, play well and it'll all go smoothly, good. 

Teams can turn up, play well and still get beat. Just like they can be absolutely honking and somehow find a win. Discounting your opposition and dismissing their ability is arrogant. The fact you and many of your fellow Falkirk fans don't see that, probably goes some way to explaining why most opposition fans love it when your guys have a melt down. 

Airdrie need to stop Falkirk's big players or we could be in trouble. Kennedy is an annoying diving little can't but a dangerous player who we've not dealt with very well, and to a lesser extent Morrison. Henderson's aerial ability is also a huge threat as we are not a particularly big side and tend to struggle in that department. Having said that I doubt we will change the way we play as Rhys likes the other team to worry about us.