🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Motherwell🟢🟤 13/05/23 3pm

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Just yesterday the United and Killie penalties were blatant errors (according to the current rules - different debate). The players appealed massively and the mistake was clear on video inside 30 seconds.

Our VAR check yesterday must have taken about 3 minutes. At the time I thought it looked like a bad decision, but watching it back I think it was a pen and I don't think the changes to the handball rules made much difference to that, I think it would have been one 10 years ago as well.

Edited by craigkillie

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The only way that can be penalised by VAR is if the player who is encroaching actually benefits from it (ie clears the ball). Drey Wright is the one who clears it after the save, and he's not in the box, so I think we can safely assume it has been given for the keeper.

That a new change to that? I've defo seen it given regardless.

It can be given by the ref, but VAR shouldn't be checking it - I think this has always been the case. The bit below is from the VAR protocol in the Laws of the Game.

Screenshot2023-05-14at10_44_36.thumb.png.4fc543cc603fb97ddd773f9b04a574c5.png

Edited by craigkillie

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I stand firm on my stance for VAR; I simply don't care enough for it to exist. Football is 22 folk running about, and a game. 

Good to win, rarely bothers me beyond the walk back to the car if we lose. 

This is exactly how I feel. Get it to f**k

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The handball rule is fucked because of VAR.

The amount of folk who can't comprehend that is unreal, "It's not VARs fault, the rule is a joke!"

Get it to f**k.

17 hours ago, ropy said:

I like Mandron, I can’t define what he does, and he certainly does it in his own time but he lounges about getting the odd flick on, tracking back and making the odd tackle, but he takes the attention of the defence creating space for KVV.  
He got the initial flick on for KVV’s goal against United.

Languid is the word I should have used.

Mandron had a very decent 2nd half yesterday - but there was a point when it was 1-0 late on when KVV was clearly fucked and had actually stopped running anywhere and Mandron was like a burst balloon, where there was no pressure on the ball from us at all. I thought the eventual subs were late even if, similar to last week, we actually scored a late clincher and weren't punished.

41 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

8A4C8BC7-CCC8-49C5-B09F-FA04CF1BBBF9.thumb.jpeg.eaba5d6ebc163cdaeff1e0371a22fbe5.jpeg

I’m honestly not getting what all the fuss about it. 

Considine kicks Sod’s standing foot- penalty. Matthew’s is then clearly off his line as he saves said penalty- retake. 

What am I missing here??

Not much other than the home team are plummeting down the league and every point is a prisoner.

Thats about the king and short of it.

53 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

8A4C8BC7-CCC8-49C5-B09F-FA04CF1BBBF9.thumb.jpeg.eaba5d6ebc163cdaeff1e0371a22fbe5.jpeg

Considine kicks Sod’s standing foot- penalty. Matthew’s is then clearly off his line as he saves said penalty- retake. 

What am I missing here??

The fact that VAR spends 5 minutes to decide this, and then next week itll be a completely different decision.

Sinking £100k+, and wasting time during matches killing momentum, for no benefit is just shit.

For me the penalty was a stonewaller. For me, if we get relegated, it wont be because of refs, VAR, "conspiracy" nonsense, itll be because we're shit.

I just want VAR to f**k off.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The handball rule is fucked because of VAR.

Players claim for penalties even when nothing happens.

Glad you agree VAR is a farce. It needs gone, as it won't improve. Its been used in Germany and Italy for years and is still shit, our part time school teacher refs arent sussing it out.

As do fans. Literally any time a ball goes into the box and hits a defenders body all you’ll hear is cries of handball.  

23 hours ago, Casagolda said:

What am I missing here??

He's already hit it here, you can see his left foot planted on that 12 yard grass line and the white ball is a foot further forward. It wasn't an egregious infringement in my opinion but doesn't alter the fact we are fucking stinking.