Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Apologies if he was discussed earlier, but I was surprised Imrie from Morton wasnt among the names listed up there.

When he's not playing Arbroath, he's clearly got a bit of nous about him, and I'm a little surprised a bigger club hasnt taken a punt on him.

Taking away from the fact Dundee fans and him don't tend to get on, I think he's just done a job that can't be labelled as anything more than 'fair'.

Been in charge for pretty much 18 month and to miss out on the play offs with a FT team in this league, regardless of the challenges at the start of their season, isn't something that I think should have bigger clubs come looking tbh.

Morton fans are happy with him and that's fair enough but he's not done anything to deserve a move up the ladder IMO.

18 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

??

In other words you've made an arse of yourself again and you don't know how to respond. 

Martindale, for a variety of reasons, wont walk away from his Livingston job.

So yeah, hes clearly at mind games a large chunk of the time at interviews.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Taking away from the fact Dundee fans and him don't tend to get on, I think he's just done a job that can't be labelled as anything more than 'fair'.

Been in charge for pretty much 18 month and to miss out on the play offs with a FT team in this league, regardless of the challenges at the start of their season, isn't something that I think should have bigger clubs come looking tbh.

Morton fans are happy with him and that's fair enough but he's not done anything to deserve a move up the ladder IMO.

I'm not sure I agree.  Since Arbroath have been promoted, Morton have been a total joke and a basket case, getting in Imrie has really stabilised them and he seems to have had a positive effect at all levels.  Were Morton not also about 5 minutes from doing a Dundee last summer, with their budget suddenly slashed to zero? Under Imrie, Morton are no longer a point and laugh story for the first time in years, which both reflects well on him and is a shame.

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I think they had an idea once. I also think they got shocked just as much as the man who should be in the job still.

Think he's over it. Went to have a snoop on LinkedIn and he was ripping the pish out of Dougie Imrie for wearing chinos.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apart from Morton and Hamilton fans who actually does get on with Dougie?

6 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Apart from Morton and Hamilton fans who actually does get on with Dougie?

Bringing the conversation back to Livi... I reckon that could be his next move depending on when Martindale goes. 

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Charles with an experienced assistant? He's bound to have decent contacts for players, better choice than 'Clum' that's for certain.

Thank you.

Seen someone suggest Vignal/Adam co-managing with Strachan taking an even more hands on role to support them.

I'd still be appalled by it but it's better than the likes of Courts and Davidson if only due to the unknown factor.

Still, the fact that there's even a possibility we could be open to that sort of idea shows what a shitshow this has been.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Charles with an experienced assistant? He's bound to have decent contacts for players, better choice than 'Clum' that's for certain.

Thank you.

Player and coach at a good level all his career. Coach and loans manager at Burnley currently and spent the past season watching youth level football around England. Good contacts like you say.

Wouldn't be against it but it's another rookie manager..