Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon Davidson took one look at the what the fans were saying and went... "Well f**k, I can tell where i'm not wanted" before calling Strachan and went "I'll be hounded out before I start like Billy was, I'm pulling out pops."

12 minutes ago, dburns said:

I reckon Davidson took one look at the what the fans were saying and went... "Well f**k, I can tell where i'm not wanted" before calling Strachan and went "I'll be hounded out before I start like Billy was, I'm pulling out pops."

I'd prefer it was Nelms & Strachan that finally saw sense rather than Davidson to be honest but you're probably not far off the mark.

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Do you think the club were after Davidson? Who do you think contacted the journalist?

Yeah, I'm sure Strachan would have had him in and no doubt Davidson's media pals. It's another issue of Davidson being our manager in that his media pals would spin things in favour like mad regardless of what's going on on the pitch.

Had enough rewriting of history in the aftermath of McPake's spell!

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, I'm sure Strachan would have had him in and no doubt Davidson's media pals. It's another issue of Davidson being our manager in that his media pals would spin things in favour like mad regardless of what's going on on the pitch.

Had enough rewriting of history in the aftermath of McPake's spell!

What makes you sure Strachan wanted him in?

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So who do we not want next? Can't wait for another spell of vilification.

Through Tony Docherty into the mix. No doubt one of Strachan’s friends in football as he was also part of Strachan’s Scotland coaching staff. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Through Tony Docherty into the mix. No doubt one of Strachan’s friends in football as he was also part of Strachan’s Scotland coaching staff. 

Well if it's that cunto I'm out!

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

IMG_6162.jpg.4e07a76e6671283baf81f0c9b1113488.jpg

0_Motherwell-FC-Media-Access.jpg

He's like a lesser Bowyer tbf.

Don't particularly want him but considering some of the names linked, I wouldn't be aghast.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's like a lesser Bowyer tbf.

Don't particularly want him but considering some of the names linked, I wouldn't be aghast.

In honesty, he'd be absolutely fine for you...until he fell out with everyone obvs.

You look at his first calendar year in charge with us and he did a great job. Things went sideways, for whatever reason, after he signed that long term extension.

FHoWrTsWYAQ12nT?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In honesty, he'd be absolutely fine for you...until he fell out with everyone obvs.

You look at his first calendar year in charge with us and he did a great job. Things went sideways, for whatever reason, after he signed that long term extension.

FHoWrTsWYAQ12nT?format=jpg&name=large

I'd back Alexander, certainly a better option than Davidson imo.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Couldn't script it - through meer misfortune for the people running the club, we've dodged a bullet.

Dodging a bullet is fine, it’s just being careful what you might dodge into the way of…

Slightly disappointed by the Davidson news. We could have appointed him the season after next and he could have had a crack at getting all 3 Tayside teams relegated in consecutive seasons.

Spoiler

Please note I didn’t specify from which division we would be relegated in 2 seasons’ time. Make your own prediction

BBC saying that smarmy Neilson is now being considered.

I'd be really happy with that tbf.

It'll be dull as f**k but he usually does the job.