Aberdeen vs Hibernian

10 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

As long as we are no worse than 5 points ahead of Hearts on Saturday evening I’ll be happy 

Anything more is a bonus 

If Hearts gain any ground at the weekend my arse will start to twitch 

Me too. 

Massive weekend. 

A Dons and St Mirren win i think we be nearly there for 3rd. 

Dons defeat and hearts win , with going to Tyne castle next week, I can see us slipping down to 4th. 

A draw might not be a disaster, even if hearts win, but seeing as we have only drawn twice all season, that seems the least likely outcome. 

I think at this stage draws are not much use for Hearts? Maybe a point against Rangers might be like a “bonus point” but against St Mirren , us and Hibs, they need victories if we don’t lose. 

Our record at Pittodrie is rotten and Aberdeen have mostly been very good at home this season. This Hibs side also haven’t been absolutely rotten for a few games either so they’ll be due one.

Home win by a couple of goals.

13 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Our record at Pittodrie is rotten and Aberdeen have mostly been very good at home this season. This Hibs side also haven’t been absolutely rotten for a few games either so they’ll be due one.

Home win by a couple of goals.

Agree with this.

We have been pretty decent of late, but I think Aberdeens forward line has really come back on its game - Miovski looked sharp last couple from what I have seen, and he is a great foil for Duk.

While we also have some really good forward players in Youan, Nisbet, Big Mike - I dont think we have enough creativity in midfield to make the moves for these guys.

I think its pretty remarkable that we are in 5th tbh.

A win would be excellent, but I wont be altogether surprised if we lose.

2 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

A Dons and St Mirren win i think we be nearly there for 3rd. 

Really sticking your neck out there – you'd be eight clear of Hearts and nine ahead of Hibs and St Mirren, whose goal difference is 11 worse. I think you could safely say it was done at that stage.

It looks likely Hearts will have to beat St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs, and hope the Dons drop points to either Hibs or St Mirren. I don't fancy us at Ibrox at all. A draw at Pittodrie this weekend would suit us fine – if Hearts beat St Mirren – due to our goal difference.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Feel dirty wanting a Hibs result here. Is there anyway you could both lose?

In the same boat, Hibs win would definitely be best for us doesn't make me feel any better thinking about it though.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Really sticking your neck out there – you'd be eight clear of Hearts and nine ahead of Hibs and St Mirren, whose goal difference is 11 worse. I think you could safely say it was done at that stage.

It looks likely Hearts will have to beat St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs, and hope the Dons drop points to either Hibs or St Mirren. I don't fancy us at Ibrox at all. A draw at Pittodrie this weekend would suit us fine – if Hearts beat St Mirren – due to our goal difference.

Hearts fans views on clinching third are null and void i'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

What time will be the nauseating Oneoffenburg pre-match celebrations be done by, so I can take my seat in the ground without having to witness any of it?

Not sure your mode of transport and where you are coming from - but crossing the Dee to and from the south currently seems to be taking around 2 hours due to various road and bridge works.

If you want to make sure you are there to pay homage to true greatness, head off from home a bit earlier than normal  (or take the bypass to Kingswells and come in that way).

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

What time will be the nauseating Oneoffenburg pre-match celebrations be done by, so I can take my seat in the ground without having to witness any of it?

Probably half time, so as long as you don't leave in the first half you'll catch it.