Aberdeen vs Hibernian

9 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Indeed. He’s a shite footballer and, as far as I can tell from watching him a few times on the telly, a fucking knob. 

Would rather see someone like O’Connor or even Laidlaw get a chance before McKirdy. Those 2 would at least make more effort than McKirdy. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would rather see someone like O’Connor or even Laidlaw get a chance before McKirdy. Those 2 would at least make more effort than McKirdy. 

He’s the kind of player you’d love to put into the stand with a crunching tackle. 
Looks & acts like a complete w****r. 

If this is all our rivals can muster when we’re not at our best then you’d have to fancy us for third 😅

We seem to be running on empty and outside of our first 11 we have very little quality. Duncan in midfield and Coulson on the right is far from ideal. We’re crying out for Shinnie and McCrorie to return.

Beating Hearts would be massive and would obviously seal third but if we don’t, we have a great opportunity against St Mirren. Regardless of the result at Tynecastle, if we beat them and Hearts don’t win at Ibrox then we’re third.

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If this is all our rivals can muster when we’re not at our best then you’d have to fancy us for third 😅

We seem to be running on empty and outside of our first 11 we have very little quality. Duncan in midfield and Coulson on the right is far from ideal. We’re crying out for Shinnie and McCrorie to return.

Beating Hearts would be massive and would obviously seal third but if we don’t, we have a great opportunity against St Mirren. Regardless of the result at Tynecastle, if we beat them and Hearts don’t win at Ibrox then we’re third.

St Mirren will rip Aberdeen to shreds if they play the same way against them.

Fully anticipated the game to pan exactly as it did.

The pressure was too much for the majority of the Aberdeen squad to handle given all the Gothenburg celebrations. I was dreading this match given everything surrounding the club this week. 

I thought Hibs would have a real go at us too given it was their last chance saloon for third (imo). They have The Rangers and Celtic still to play and Hearts away. That's the most dominate performance I've seen from Hibs at PittordrIe probably since the days of when Glass played for Hibs. Youan was obviously causing us a lot of problems however in fairness we did have a left back having to fill in at right back. Not sure McCrorie would have allowed him so much freedom. 

I thought the ref was once more absolutely shocking. VAR is certainly not our friend. Newell stamped on Coulson's foot in exactly the same manner as Shinnie and received just a booking. I believe it was Cadden who should have been sent off for that high foot and endangering the player. I also thought that it was an incredibly soft penalty award. Justice served with Roos saving it.

Aberdeen were unbelievably lucky not to lose today however we did defend well and therefore deserved our clean sheet as a result. We really miss Shinnie in the middle and McCrorie in the side. Clarkson struggled big time as did Ramadani. Duk seems to be playing with an injury these past few weeks. He's not running like he normally does. The less said about Duncan the better.

We matched the Hearts result which was vital. Shinnie is thankfully back for the St Mirren match and McCrorie could be available too. Just got to move on.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I also thought that it was an incredibly soft penalty award. Justice served with Roos saving it.

Coulson's raised elbow stopped the ball from going into the net. How on earth can you conclude that the penalty was soft?

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The pressure was too much for the majority of the Aberdeen squad to handle given all the Gothenburg celebrations. I was dreading this match given everything surrounding the club this week. 

I thought Hibs would have a real go at us too given it was their last chance saloon for third (imo). They have The Rangers and Celtic still to play and Hearts away. That's the most dominate performance I've seen from Hibs at PittordrIe probably since the days of when Glass played for Hibs. Youan was obviously causing us a lot of problems however in fairness we did have a left back having to fill in at right back. Not sure McCrorie would have allowed him so much freedom. 

I thought the ref was once more absolutely shocking. VAR is certainly not our friend. Newell stamped on Coulson's foot in exactly the same manner as Shinnie and received just a booking. I believe it was Cadden who should have been sent off for that high foot and endangering the player. I also thought that it was an incredibly soft penalty award. Justice served with Roos saving it.

Aberdeen were unbelievably lucky not to lose today however we did defend well and therefore deserved our clean sheet as a result. We really miss Shinnie in the middle and McCrorie in the side. Clarkson struggled big time as did Ramadani. Duk seems to be playing with an injury these past few weeks. He's not running like he normally does. The less said about Duncan the better.

We matched the Hearts result which was vital. Shinnie is thankfully back for the St Mirren match and McCrorie could be available too. Just got to move on.

There's a worry if you're expecting that level of performance.

First half Hibs played the perfect away performance without scoring. Drew cheap fouls and hit us on the counter. In the second half they were dominant. That's unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Coulson's raised elbow stopped the ball from going into the net. How on earth can you conclude that the penalty was soft?

Not seen it myself.

A pal watching from home described it as "harsh, point blank range but probably goes in if he doesn't touch it".

I actually did think there was a good chance that it would be 0-0 today. As said earlier on the thread, it shared a few characteristics with the post-split 0-0 in 2018, including a missed Hibs penalty. 

Hibs were much better than us. Youan's running and Nisbet's movement were causing us real issues in the first-half, and we were guilty of almost being too direct with possession. Hibs had a good shape and their patterns of play were much more coherent than ours. 

I know McCrorie polarises opinion amongst our fans, but he is a big miss when he isn't there. For a start, losing his height at wing-back takes away an outball for diagonal passes. Also, with Coulson replacing him, he clearly isn't entirely comfortable on his right foot which inhibits our build-up. Then you have the loss of Shinnie. I know we managed to win a couple of games without him, but we missed him massively today. I think there is a feeling amongst some of our fans that Ramadani is a similar type of player to Shinnie, but he really is not - and he suffers when Shinnie isn't there.

I suppose, looking at it in broader context, a point today is far from a disaster for us. And, given Hibs outplayed us for periods and had much better goalscoring opportunities (in that they actually had some), it has to be seen as a good result. Hopefully some of the injuries and knocks picked up today aren't big issues, because we could definitely do without that.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Noisiest Hibees support at Pittodrie in ages.

Was my youngest daughters first game today. She asked me why you were singing "sheep shabby Dabba Doo".

Hope your daughter enjoyed it mate regardless of the result. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Will give him the benefit of the doubt but that performance was atrocious. 

The management was up there with the worst of the McInnes era and why I was never keen on him getting the job full time. How Hayes saw the full 90 minutes and Coulson 80 minutes is beyond me.

Said to my mate that now Robson has the job I wonder if the honeymoon period was over. Only one game still but not the standard seen leading up to the post split games. 
always had a feeling, big crowd, atmosphere, occasion that we would struggle in this one. 
Big last 3 games hoping we can get that 3rd place wrapped up and get some more quality in during the summer 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Agree with all that.

However I thought it was a penalty to Hibs.

Completely accidental and it barely skiffed his arm, but it did, & it stopped the ball going on target.

How Campbell stayed on, only that  shitebag Walsh will know. Aberdeen constantly getting shafted by officials & VAR. 

Boyle, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Kyle Magennis and Mykola Kuhharevych were all missing today for Hibs. 3 of them would normally/probably start and they still dominated.

Hibs are starting to put together a really good team. Youan and Boyle could be a nightmare for most opposition next season especially if you can hold onto Nisbett this summer. 

Aberdeen need to up their recruit this summer irrespective of where we finish. We can't be signing anymore players in the calibre of Richardson, Cal Roberts (maybe unfair due to injury) or Morris.

That's the worst we've played under Robson by some way, so not to lose, keep a clean sheet and not lose any ground to Hearts and Hibs is a huge bonus today. Never got going at any point during the game and I feel that one of the reasons is that we didn't have a right back up against Youan, who gave us continued problems all match. Having seen it back it was definitely a penalty. Having seen it back it was definitely a red card for the guy who assaulted Scales. 

Can a Hibs fan explain what McKirdy is? He looks like someone that the Hibs bus picked off the streets of Leith on the way up to Aberdeen.