Aberdeen vs Hibernian

Pittodrie is one of only three grounds in Scotland I’ve seen Hibs play a competitive game at but I’ve never seen Hibs win at (other two being Tannadice & Parkhead).

So on that basis and that basis alone, we are due a win here, I know we won during covidball but that season doesn’t count.

Looking forward to my trip up the road and multiple beers although I’m fully expecting the police being utter arseholes to everyone travelling after the young team having a big scrap last time so I am mentally prepared for that.

A point would be decent, a win would be sensational.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

In the same boat, Hibs win would definitely be best for us doesn't make me feel any better thinking about it though.

A draw's a better result.

17 minutes ago, Darren said:

A draw's a better result.

Assuming (big assumption) we were to do our bit and win the 3 minus Rangers, a Hibs win is better IMO. They have Celtic, Rangers and us so couldn't go above us if we won 3. If it's a draw and Aberdeen beat St Mirren and snuck a draw at Celtic we'd be back to needing something at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Pittodrie is one of only three grounds in Scotland I’ve seen Hibs play a competitive game at but I’ve never seen Hibs win at (other two being Tannadice & Parkhead).

So on that basis and that basis alone, we are due a win here, I know we won during covidball but that season doesn’t count.

Looking forward to my trip up the road and multiple beers although I’m fully expecting the police being utter arseholes to everyone travelling after the young team having a big scrap last time so I am mentally prepared for that.

A point would be decent, a win would be sensational.

Looking forward to walking a massive detour after the game. 

49 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I like it. It implies that beating Real Madrid in a European final only once just isn’t good enough.

It is some pretty wild chat. A cursory check of Wikipedia would indicate that no team has ever beaten Real Madrid in a European Final twice. The list of teams that have beaten them once:

Benfica
Inter
Chelsea
Liverpool
Aberdeen

Not a long list.

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“Oneoffenburg”?

Better to have loved once than be a virgin all your Hibs days. 😆

How was the final?  I assume you went? 

Great achievement by the Dons back in the glory years and well done selling out Saturday for a change :) 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’s the “word” & “patter” of a jealous fan of a yo-yo club more used to relegations than winning European trophies. 

You probably shouldn't take posts so seriously tbh. 

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

How was the final?  I assume you went? 

Great achievement by the Dons back in the glory years and well done selling out Saturday for a change :) 

This is more like an Aberdeen v Hibs thread. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is more like an Aberdeen v Hibs thread. 

It's great that Aberdeen have kept most of their stadium unchanged from 40 years ago so fans can benefit from the full 1980s experience.

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It's great that Aberdeen have kept most of their stadium unchanged from 40 years ago so fans can benefit from the full 1980s experience.

Keep them coming.

On 10/05/2023 at 16:32, Dons_1988 said:

Tell you what, promise to win at tynecastle and we’ll agree a draw. 

ETA - if you don’t fulfil your end of the bargain you owe Aberdeen or myself (whichever has the lowest bank balance) £6m. 

We made about £3m from Europe this season after expenses. Can't see your profit being £6m.