Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

Road to Hampden...

Abbey Vale 0 Cupar Hearts 5

Jeanfield Swifts 3 Cupar Hearts 0

Wick Academy v Jeanfield Swifts....

Bugger. I suppose I'll go as I've never been to Wick but it's a hell of a long way. If Wick win I'd be hoping for an away game, that's for sure :lol:

10 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Ive never been at a game where the grass was that long.

As others have said how they have a licence is a mystery , there were open gates outside the ground before kick off, the police only arrived after things started to get a bit wild in the last 10 minutes

Credit to both sets of fans who made a fair noise all night.

It could have been bad even earlier with the wee neds in the home stand thing throwing glass bottles at players etc, no stewarding really and it seemed to embolden the wee numpties who were mad at some mob called the ‘bonkies’ for some reason. Was there with my 5 year old and they still had a go even when walking to the toilets with him. Regardless what a performance from Clydebank to overcome the coo field, but that pitch shouldnt be deemed acceptable going forward. 

On 04/09/2023 at 23:14, tamthebam said:

Road to Hampden...

Abbey Vale 0 Cupar Hearts 5

Jeanfield Swifts 3 Cupar Hearts 0

Wick Academy v Jeanfield Swifts....

Bugger.

New Abbey to Wick is some geographical spread just 3 games in! Better hope the winner doesn't get Stranraer away in the next round!

22 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Capacity of Forthbank 3808? For a game that attracted 385 in last years tournament that's going to be a hell of an atmosphere. 

Crowd wanking over a game between 2 non league sides, what has last seasons crowd got to do with it.

They will probably pick up neutrals with it being on a Monday.

5 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Point is there are games in the first round which will have a bigger attendance and be closer to capacity and will therefore have a better atmosphere. How many neutrals do you thing it will pick up on a Monday 10? 100? 200? 500?

And clubs potentially turned the game down just like last year. As they would rather have the crowds than the BBC Scotland pittance on a Monday night.

13 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Point is there are games in the first round which will have a bigger attendance and be closer to capacity and will therefore have a better atmosphere. How many neutrals do you thing it will pick up on a Monday 10? 100? 200? 500?

According to the attendances thread Uni of Stirling's league attendances have been 100 v ALBION ROVERS, 50, 75., 150 and their Challenge cup against Livi b saw a crowd of 98.

No idea what the crowd will be does it really matter. Whatever it is I think it will be an interesting enough game.

On 08/09/2023 at 17:37, andrew21 said:

According to the attendances thread Uni of Stirling's league attendances have been 100 v ALBION ROVERS, 50, 75., 150 and their Challenge cup against Livi b saw a crowd of 98.

Why don't I trust these conveniently round numbers? For a start Rovers had perhaps 80 or more fans at SU on Wednesday and they defo had significantly more than 20 of their own.

Probably picked Stirling Uni v Albion Rovers as it's a reverse replay of last season when Uni beat Rovers at Cliftonhill.

I was at that one and Rovers were a bit unlucky. There was a decent crowd so maybe all the parents and pals might come out for this one