How did this season match with your expectations?

July-October: ah f**k we have no players we could go down.

November-January: thank f**k for that.

Feb-April: if we could stop drawing we'll make the playoffs!

April-May: b*****d. We'll gettem next time. 

Despite the shitefest of the last week, it's gone much, much better than I anticipated. I'd have snapped the hand off you if you'd given me finishing like Raith. Despite what has been said about our money, we didn't go out and pay daft cash for anybody. Losing Murray scuppered us, no two ways about it. He was worth two players to us.

43 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bit of a roller coaster... great start, gash for months (including papped out the cup by League One dross) and 2nd on the last day.

Novemberthe sopranos smoking GIF

December - March

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

On last dayMiguel Herrera Win GIF

Absolutely our season to a T 

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes, there’s still the question of who goes where with the playoffs, but overall, how did this year go with regard to your preseason expectations?

Raith Rovers: Genuinely hoped to be upper half, and after the first half it looked a reasonable hope, but the second half was pretty crap with injuries and such. Real issues with the defense, especially on set pieces, but even a seventh place finish this year doesn’t feel the worst ever. Seems like Ian Murray is building toward a goal, and the season ended with the ownership issues looking at least partially sorted…so I guess I’d say 3.5 of 5, could have been better, but not as bad as it might have been.

My pre-season expectations were that we’d struggle as we had no defence and no attack. We did have a cracking midfield but I wondered if they would do enough in terms of scoring winning goals to save us. They did. The cup runs made the season better than it should have been.

Concerns are that we’ve went 3rd > 5th > 7th and that’s not the direction of travel you want to be going. It’s already shaping up to be a slightly tougher league next season too with the derbies back, and at least one fairly strong Premiership team, maybe two. Just need to wait and see what Team Kelty can bring to the club.

17 hours ago, Clangers said:

As a Par and Scotland fan the season has been surreal, went to 36 games (4 Scotland rest Pars) and only see my team lose once and that was in Pens! Keep having to remind my son this isn’t normal don’t get used to it.

The highlights for me have to be the rearranged Falkirk game with a sold out EEP which was rocking and the Scotland v Spain game, the next day I woke up still with an adrenaline buzz.

If we’re doing Scotland games too, then yes, on that front it’s been excellent. I went to the home games with Ireland and Spain, and the Spain game at Hampden in particular was a great night to be a Scotland fan.

Decent specky manager see's us to title with a bunch of absolute jobbers who are going to be finally leaving the club after clogging the arteries of the club for about 4 seasons now. Said decent specky manager is then blamed for not winning it in style with said jobbers and we go again next season probably with a new set of jobbers.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Decent specky manager see's us to title with a bunch of absolute jobbers who are going to be finally leaving the club after clogging the arteries of the club for about 4 seasons now. Said decent specky manager is then blamed for not winning it in style with said jobbers and we go again next season probably with a new set of jobbers.

Almost every season can be summed up as ‘same shit, different jobbers’ 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Almost every season can be summed up as ‘same shit, different jobbers’ 

This is true but for the past 3-4 seasons we've had, 'same shit, same jobbers'.

Season went exactly as I had predicted along with many others on P&B. We were total shit. No defence, only won 3 games at home all season all by 1-0. Very few gols from open play.

A board that dont give a feck about the team on the park and care for the fans even less. A manager who would be out of his depth in a puddle

After 32 minutes today we were 0-2 but got a stroke of luck when they were reduced to 10 men. Now winning 5-2.

Looks like we will play Airdrie in play off and I fully expect to get humped by them

Our season was pretty mediocre, delivered by a manager whose CV is the epitome of mediocrity. In an unprecedentedly bad league he persisted in playing 2 DCMs and 1 striker for 2/3 of the campaign when it was completely transparent that to win this league that degree of caution wasn’t required. When we changed to 1 DCM and 2 strikers lo and behold we start to pick up points. Great we got promoted but given our resources, the fact our jobbers are better than everybody else’s jobbers, we should have won this league at at canter at least a month ago. 

Edited by Fifespud