Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They weren’t tested in the slightest. Every Ayr fan knew they’d stroll it as soon as it became known that Akinyemi wasn’t playing. 

I have seen Brownlie previously  struggle in situations in which Akinyemi didn’t appear to be present at. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They weren’t tested in the slightest. Every Ayr fan knew they’d stroll it as soon as it became known that Akinyemi wasn’t playing. 

That's the unfortunately reality, I found out as I sat down with my haggis and black pudding pie and my brother mentioned to me that Dipo wasn't playing. It was real chastening news and all hope drained out of me. It even affected the taste of the pie!

5 minutes ago, deaddoginthecanal said:

I have seen Brownlie previously  struggle in situations in which Akinyemi didn’t appear to be present at. 

Fair but the player we had leading the line last night has been used more often as a sort of wide forward/defensive winger this season and last. 

Brownlie and Muirhead were never going to be troubled. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The way we are playing right now we could have handled Akinyemi.Aso bear in mind we were short of Bannigan and Milne meaning we also had to play with players like Holt and Turner out of their natural positions but still managed with some to spare last night .

7 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

The way we are playing right now we could have handled Akinyemi.Aso bear in mind we were short of Bannigan and Milne meaning we also had to play with players like Holt and Turner out of their natural positions but still managed with some to spare last night .

Having injuries to a couple players isn't the same as an entire football team being injured.  3-0 probably a fitting score in the circumstances.  

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Having injuries to a couple players isn't the same as an entire football team being injured.  3-0 probably a fitting score in the circumstances.  

Entire team ….really ?

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If anyone believes in omens…in the other three divisional play-offs one of the teams trying to come up up has knocked out the team trying to not go down. Just saying :whistle

Do you mean every lower league team has won the play off final?

21 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I haven't gone back to check if its been mentioned already but why were the home fans allowed to switch stands as the teams were ready to start the 2nd half?

That was the most exciting thing that happened in the game for us Ayr fans, that and the ned running about with the flare which i thought he was gonna fling into the away end and start WW3

Edited by rb123!

5 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Holts natural position is left back. Played there constantly for QOS and Dundee and yourselves last season. Turner is also a central midfielder so not sure what he was doing differently last night compared to the vast majority of his career. 

If Akinyemi plays then it’s a different challenge. Thistle maybe still win but lost our attacks would’ve stuck and it would’ve been a bit closer imo.