Owen Coyle - The Biggest Fraud in Scottish Football?

Owen Coyle: The Biggest Fraud in Scottish Football?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't really understand why Owen Coyle keeps being considered as a top manager.  Looking at his record over the years it's not exactly remarkable.  Yes he managed in "The Barclays" but that was a long time ago AND he got Bolton relegated.  What has he done of note since he got Burnley promoted in like 2009?

Who considers him a top manager? I genuinely don't think I've ever heard anybody say that, I know that Ross County fans definitely aren't keen on him, and the same applied to a couple of clubs he managed down south.

20 hours ago, virginton said:

• On 18th March, the Govanhill Gretna outfit known as 'Queens' Park' had 54 points and a seven point lead over their nearest title rivals - with seven games to play. 

• They finished the league season on 58 points and in 3rd place. 

• They have contrived to lose 7 of their last 9 games of the season: conceding 21 goals (and counting) in the process. 

Edit: final count 22 goals. 

• Owen Coyle is reputedly on £5,000 per week to oversee this sublime display of managerial inertia and incompetence. 

The biggest fraud in Scottish football: discuss. 

If you are talking those sums of cash then it's perhaps different. This league has seen several teams go on decent runs to reach pole position  then capitulate. Most of the time it has happened due to small squads and injuries although in Queens case selling their striker may have played a part 

8 hours ago, Dave said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a level of rattling quite like the Morton fans are displaying in this thread.

I'd give Owen Coyle a 10 year* contract extension right now purely for the tears he causes amongst opposition fans.

*Or until the money runs out, whichever comes first.

And Morton still won't have played top flight football by the end of that 10 years.

23 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Despite the sweetie man pumping in millions Morten finished nearer the seaside leagues than the premier most seasons he was there. That’s more fraudulent in my opinion. 
Plus Morten invented administration for football clubs. 

Have some respect for the dead.

On 13/05/2023 at 10:43, Dave said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a level of rattling quite like the Morton fans are displaying in this thread.

I'd give Owen Coyle a 10 year* contract extension right now purely for the tears he causes amongst opposition fans.

*Or until the money runs out, whichever comes first.

Has the money ran out?

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If we’re really lucky, Dundee recruit Imrie and Coyle ends up in Morton.

No sweetie money to pay him 3.5k a week in Greenock I'm afraid. I suppose they could push the boat out and spend all that lovely operating profit they keep going on about on him.

When Coyle played for the Pars he demanded that he played every game, he told Jimmy Calderwood he was a better player than Stevie Crawford. JC told him under no circumstances that he was any better and thus told him to go and make sure the door doesn't hit his arse on the way out. Coyle had underhanded spoke to another club while still under contract with the DA. JC knew what he was up to. Just a slimey bassa. 

I was on holiday in Spain with plenty Dundee fans , and the day Bowyer left we all wanted Coyle in , but after watching the two legs on the big screen in the village , it was a resounding NO!!!!!! , but a total collapse from his team 😞, I wanted them to beat United in the play offs , so he can git tae fick 

No surprised Coyle has blown it at Queen's Park. Absolute charlatan at County. Roy just loved him as he was a good religious boy.

14 hours ago, Thumper said:

No sweetie money to pay him 3.5k a week in Greenock I'm afraid. I suppose they could push the boat out and spend all that lovely operating profit they keep going on about on him.

Some wage cut. He was on £5k a week on page one. Almost as if none of us know his salary (or what QP are spending)