League 1 playoff final: Annan vs Clyde/ Clyde vs Annan

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. Gibson shouldnt react but lets not pretend he wasnt getting abused from the stands for something he didnt do. Very poor from the Clyde fans.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but what was he getting abuse for? I couldn’t hear anything like that from where I was.

That was probably the worst injury I've seen in 25+ years going to football.

Our shape has obviously gone to pot now and any faint chance of a comeback is basically gone. No composure either which isnt helped when experienced players like McLean just shell it long half the time. Annan have done well to keep Roberts out the game but he needs to go looking for space.

A bit of shame as Annan have offered nothing tonight, though that's not to say they wouldn't step it up if we did score. And they obviously earned the right to sit on their lead on Tuesday night.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative but what was he getting abuse for? I couldn’t hear anything like that from where I was.

Fitba fans being fitba fans. They thought Gibson was culpable - he wasn't. Probably one of the few recognisable Annan players on the park, which didn't help. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I presume they thought he caused it. He was definitely abused first.

Gibson was laughing and trying to goad people when Quitongo was lying injured, horrendous behaviour. 

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

Fitba fans being fitba fans. They thought Gibson was culpable - he wasn't. Probably one of the few recognisable Annan players on the park, which didn't help. 

Mind reading as well?

No Clyde fane blaming him for the injury. Gibson gesturing at the home fans hence abuse aimed at him

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

Ta. As I said, I didn’t hear any abuse near me until he starting cupping his ears to the Clyde fans whilst Quitongo was down, at which point it went a bit mental. I’d like to think Gibson perhaps didn’t realise quite how badly injured Quitongo was.

Anyway, on the game itself, I’d be as well going home just now. This is a second-string XI now (and the first XI weren’t particularly special either).

1 minute ago, Scott-Replay said:

Ta. As I said, I didn’t hear any abuse near me until he starting cupping his ears to the Clyde fans whilst Quitongo was down, at which point it went a bit mental. I’d like to think Gibson perhaps didn’t realise quite how badly injured Quitongo was.

Anyway, on the game itself, I’d be as well going home just now. This is a second-string XI now (and the first XI weren’t particularly special either).

It's a strange one.

Immediately it happened, Gibson seemed aware of a serious problem, and the commentators remarked that his reaction showed he was distressed by it.

I therefore was surprised to see what looked like a dispute at the dugouts.

No Queens fan needs told that Gibson can be a tit.  I find it hard to believe he was revelling in the aftermath of a horror he'd been right beside though.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Annan look like they are going to bottle this. They've deployed shitebag tactics sitting back for most of the night and look nervy 

Disagree. 

They were well in control before the interval. Clyde got a kick up the arse at half-time and responded. Once things settle down again you would fancy Annan to see the tie out.