Motherwell v Ross County (The Kettlewell 'friendly' Derby day!)

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Wow, fair play to Motherwell I just hope they stuff DU.

But those officials are CORRUPT imo, some outrageous decisions to overturn County penalty earlier.

There's a clear anti Dingwall agenda been discovered. 

I’d love to hear the conversation between VAR and Anderson to deny the penalty for the challenge on Randall. Honestly absolutely mental. They’re showing continuous replays of him getting wiped out from a ridiculous angle and decide it’s not a pen, and then give Motherwell a drop ball???? No qualms about the Motherwell pen; tough on Baldwin but I’d say it was a pen. We didn’t do enough to win the game, think 0-0 would have been fair result. 

Finally, that fucking idiot Owura. I hope the players are swinging for him in that changing room. Absolute c**t of the highest order. 

Yup, I'm quite intrigued how it's explained (if anyone even tries to) As the ref gave the pen, so VAR must have spotted something clear & obvious to make him change his decision, yet all the replays seemed to compound that it was the correct decision.

I obviously don't want to get relegated but the option of being able to hammer the tinks plus get rid of var are tempting plus points.

Both penalties were correct decision in the end.  Probably should have gave us a free kick for County's instead of the "drop ball".

We could still be playing now, and I'm unsure if County would test Kelly yet

Edited by Antiochas III

28 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d love to hear the conversation between VAR and Anderson to deny the penalty for the challenge on Randall. Honestly absolutely mental. They’re showing continuous replays of him getting wiped out from a ridiculous angle and decide it’s not a pen, and then give Motherwell a drop ball???? No qualms about the Motherwell pen; tough on Baldwin but I’d say it was a pen. We didn’t do enough to win the game, think 0-0 would have been fair result. 

Finally, that fucking idiot Owura. I hope the players are swinging for him in that changing room. Absolute c**t of the highest order. 

Law 8 - if the ball in is the penalty area or if last touch was in the penalty area, then it is always a drop ball to the defending goalkeeper in their penalty area.

As for overturn on the Randall penalty, there is no Law to defend that. 

Edited by dazwesty89

Well that was hilarious.

Presumably the county penalty was overturned because he was on the way down pre-contact (purely because I can't see anything else at all)? Very harsh given how things are given these days.

The handball was also a penalty on the current rulebook but I'm not convinced he knew anything about it.

We probably had a touch more threat despite county having more of the play second half so we deserved at least a draw. The win, not so much.

20 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Both penalties were correct decision in the end.  Probably should have gave us a free kick for County's instead of the "drop ball".

We could still be playing now, and I'm unsure if County would test Kelly yet

Sorry, how?

There were big delays at both the County penalty and at Casey’s injury, presumably Casey was deemed concussion because there were hundreds of stops for substitutions.  I wondered if we would see 10 minutes injury time, I was surprised at 12.

The drop ball was the correct decision according to the rules.  I have no comment on the County penalty or VAR decision until I see Sportscene.  The Motherwell penalty was definitely hand ball but not sure how close the hand was to the body.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

There were big delays at both the County penalty and at Casey’s injury, presumably Casey was deemed concussion because there were hundreds of stops for substitutions.  I wondered if we would see 10 minutes injury time, I was surprised at 12.

I think it must have been Paton who was the concussion sub.

The county penalty looked like a terrible decision. From where I was the Motherwell player clearly got the ball but the ref blew his whistle for the pen as the county player was lining up a shot from the edge of the box. None of the motherwell players looked concerned that it wouldn't be overturned.

The Edwards red was out of step with the rest of the game. There had been plenty of hard challenges that were waved away with no action. Then Edwards get 2 yellows in 5 minutes.

Our penalty looked soft but Obika was convinced and then when VAR stopped the game it was almost comedy. Fair play to KVV slotting it.

Malky had a long converesation with the ref after full time. Managed to keep his composure. i'm sure he will be sending a choice text or two.

Not a great game but I’ll take it. Happy for Van Veen to break the record. Always weird to use the same bogs as the away fans and there seemed more than 190 in their ‘section’. Bit hard done by and don’t think they are as bad as others round them. The fans supported their team in fairly good voice to the end so fair play to them although the penalty stuff did raise a mighty chortle. Looked to be more than 5,000 odd in the crowd as well.