The Compo Faces Thread

On 18/07/2023 at 05:41, Michael W said:

Seems there were five of them there, so probably about right for a nice hotel tbf. 

That name is the real issue here. 

7 actually, going by the photo in the Mirror. A tad confusing story and photo in that there are 7 folk in the group pic yet he mentions going on holiday with his wife and 3 kids. Also, there is no sign of a wife in the group photo.  So many questions, so few answers. 

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

7 actually, going by the photo in the Mirror. A tad confusing story and photo in that there are 7 folk in the group pic yet he mentions going on holiday with his wife and 3 kids. Also, there is no sign of a wife in the group photo.  So many questions, so few answers. 

Maybe the wife was one of those women who had both their kidneys stolen and she can't get home? 

9 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Maybe the wife was one of those women who had both their kidneys stolen and she can't get home? 

I guess if she'd had both kidneys stolen and they counted the 2 recipients as part of the group that would account for the 7 people.

Conundrum solved. 

15 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Either got nae eyes, blinked right as the picture was taken, or is a wee bit of a miserable yin.

Not the worst part of this, though. The entire f**king picture's on an angle!

Screenshot_20230718_165939.thumb.jpg.d495718eba27c531dc67ab223f16cb62.jpg

TBF that is a legit complaint.  I worked in Greenock for 3 years about 10 years ago and even then petrol and diesel were always about 4 or 5p per litre dearer than in Paisley.

The Tesco Express/Esso in Renfrew Rd Paisley is currently 139.9p/l for both petrol and diesel.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

TBF that is a legit complaint.  I worked in Greenock for 3 years about 10 years ago and even then petrol and diesel were always about 4 or 5p per litre dearer than in Paisley.

The Tesco Express/Esso in Renfrew Rd Paisley is currently 139.9p/l for both petrol and diesel.

The complaint's fair, yes, but the face is nonetheless a funny one.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Same as our local service station. Usually dearer over here. Norther Ireland Protocol bonus!

Edited by Jacksgranda

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Moves into crap new build next to a dual carriageway, then proceeds to moan about road noise, the brass neck on some of these c***s.

Screenshot_20230719_112641_Chrome.jpg

That story was going about months ago.

Edit- see she's saying they won their case. Probably an update then.

Edited by jimbaxters

23 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

It's the dream ticket - a company with bottomless pockets.

McDonald's workers speak out over abuse claims

image.png.7c868c9219bdea181771a5ccf69fe287.png

Not trying to imply it shouldn't be taken seriously, btw, and dozens of others have apparently come forward since this report was published...

I never read it all but did burst out laughing at:- 

• An outbreak of gonorrhoea at a branch in Northern Ireland where sexual relationships between staff members were commonplace

'Won't somebody pleeeease think of the Shaggers!'

19 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Either got nae eyes, blinked right as the picture was taken, or is a wee bit of a miserable yin.

Not the worst part of this, though. The entire f**king picture's on an angle!

Screenshot_20230718_165939.thumb.jpg.d495718eba27c531dc67ab223f16cb62.jpg

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Glad it's not just us getting shafted. Carlisle is far cheaper at any station I've seen. Kilmarnock and Wishaw are far cheaper as well. Annoyingly Morrisons at Kilmarnock is* 10p cheaper a litre than our Morrisons. Can't believe that shit's even legal. 

* It was the last time I checked. 

40 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Probably more of a PTTGOYN discussion but these are the range of prices for diesel in my local area (a 30 minute radius). $1.829-$1.969 per litre! 

_20230719_222259.JPG

So about £1 a litre?

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Deisel was 134.9 at Asda in kilmarnock this week although that filling station is regularly one of the cheapest in the UK for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Deisel was 134.9 at Asda in kilmarnock this week although that filling station is regularly one of the cheapest in the UK for whatever reason. 

They get thur oil straight fae they bin laden bastirts anaw that. Brian kens thum!

Spoiler

On 19/07/2023 at 08:03, itzdrk said:

The football top the kid is wearing gives you a big insight into the guy from the off. 

So he saved £5,000 by not going during the school holidays but is moaning he got fined £360, so he would still have saved £4,640 even if he paid the fine. 

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So he saved £5,000 by not going during the school holidays but is moaning he got fined £360, so he would still have saved £4,640 even if he paid the fine. 

Yes, the article is simply so he can have a go at striking workers.