The Compo Faces Thread

I'm sure we're all stunned by the notion that a golf course owner might be an absolutely monumental walloper who'd try to avoid his responsibilities and take pleasure in causing others financial distress.

Spoiler

NINTCHDBPICT000287171480.jpg

On 09/08/2024 at 14:11, Billy Jean King said:

Seems surgeons in the UK refused to do any more work on her due to not being paid for previous work. She the managed to persuade some tv company to pay for her to go to Turkey for this work on the basis she gave them access for some trashy documentary. She's a total rocket.

She was going to pay per view her live birth with Harvey back in the day presumably until she learnt about his condition.

Utter rat of hoor.

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Did they win ? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13784215/We-blew-life-savings-row-two-fence-panels-Couple-spent-45-000-legal-fees-fight-boundary-neighbour-installed-driveway.html

I don't believe they did as they didn't reach the end of the legal process due to insufficient funds.

If they had received a positive outcome then am sure they would consider the costs reasonable and proportionate.

However if you do manage to read through the article (I could only bring myself to skim through it - my attention span is at the lower end of the scale these days and even if I was hugely interested or invested I would still struggle to get to the end or even recollect any of the key details) there are a few twists along the way. Quite the rollercoaster. 

8 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13784215/We-blew-life-savings-row-two-fence-panels-Couple-spent-45-000-legal-fees-fight-boundary-neighbour-installed-driveway.html

I don't believe they did as they didn't reach the end of the legal process due to insufficient funds.

If they had received a positive outcome then am sure they would consider the costs reasonable and proportionate.

However if you do manage to read through the article (I could only bring myself to skim through it - my attention span is at the lower end of the scale these days and even if I was hugely interested or invested I would still struggle to get to the end or even recollect any of the key details) there are a few twists along the way. Quite the rollercoaster. 

They won in the sense the fence is now down (resulting in him being arrested) and the other party is selling up.

Well worth blowing your life savings on IMHO. 

56 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

It looks to me like they were the people relying on the good will of the neighbours. For them to get into their drive, they obviously are driving over the corner of next doors land, rather than widen their own entrance into their own garden.

Businesses slam new parking charges that are leaving Kilmarnock 'dead'

Last month, East Ayrshire Council announced that short stay options were limited while the charge for 30 minutes has gone up to £1.

0_AMP_SDR_210824_PARKING_00006.jpg

0_AMP_SDR_210824_PARKING_00003.jpg

On 13/08/2024 at 20:42, O_Kahn said:

Kilmarnock resident slams 'needless' yellow lines on road while claiming East Ayrshire Council ignore potholes

Neil Carlton is concerned that resources used for new signs and yellow lines around Rugby Park could have been used to fix the roads.

1_RTP_SDR_160824_AP_Pothole_Dispute_009.

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Kilmarnock resident slams 'needless' yellow lines on road while claiming East Ayrshire Council ignore potholes

Neil Carlton is concerned that resources used for new signs and yellow lines around Rugby Park could have been used to fix the roads.

He's obviously been away for his holidays.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The pothole is not on the road though, it's on the ramped pathway. While he's there he could have kicked the loose stuff down that drain to take the shine off his pearly white Hi-Tec's

20 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

It looks to me like they were the people relying on the good will of the neighbours. For them to get into their drive, they obviously are driving over the corner of next doors land, rather than widen their own entrance into their own garden.

Yep.  Which makes the whole thing stranger as the neighbour didn't extend the fence right to the edge of their property as she could have done - leaving them enough space to get onto their drive.