The Compo Faces Thread

23 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Tonight Matthew, we're going to be Nirvana.

What gets me about these stories is how polar opposite both sides of the story are - she says it's not worked in 4 months (with one exception) and they council say it's worked every time they've taken a look at it.  Somebody's at it.  

On 08/11/2023 at 20:17, bennett said:

Not sure if this has been on before.

0_AMP_SDR_030323_HOUSING_0003.jpg

Mould, lack of hot water, heat and water leaks are a few of the issues that a number of Kilwinning tenants are claiming they're having to deal with while renting properties with Cunninghame Housing Association.

2_AMP_SDR_030323_HOUSING_0007.jpg

Dissapointing lack of issues to be photographed with and you would think you might clean up just a little before the photographer nips round

A Scots pensioner is facing a £1,000 bill to have a telecom company's mast wires moved in her garden.

0_JS316463469.jpg

Ellen Ballantyne, 67, from Greenock wants to lay decking and have an outdoor seating area at her home. But broadband provider Openreach say she'll have to pay them first.

0_JS316463480.jpg

Ellen said: "The mast has been there for a long time and I understand that it needs to be there.

"I've never really thought about it until now. The position of the wire is going to make it really difficult to install the decking

0_JS316463472.jpg

Edited by bennett

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

A Scots pensioner is facing a £1,000 bill to have a telecom company's mast wires moved in her garden.

0_JS316463469.jpg

Ellen Ballantyne, 67, from Greenock wants to lay decking and have an outdoor seating area at her home. But broadband provider Openreach say she'll have to pay them first.

0_JS316463480.jpg

Ellen said: "The mast has been there for a long time and I understand that it needs to be there.

"I've never really thought about it until now. The position of the wire is going to make it really difficult to install the decking

0_JS316463472.jpg

Really nice war torn look to her back garden, taking the remeberance season seriously demands respect.

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

0_JS316463469.jpg

0_JS316463480.jpg

0_JS316463472.jpg

Great compo face but a severe lack of pointing so I'd say 8/10

On 05/11/2023 at 21:20, Molotov said:

Not exactly “compo” but….

“A row has broken out over plans to rehome Britain's loneliest sheep.

But an animal rights group says plans to rehome her to a farm park near Dumfries would make her a "spectacle".

IMG_4849.thumb.jpeg.5bc55150b90039d2eef082dc038ae4fc.jpeg

Passed that last Sunday, I did wonder who they were and why they were picketing a farm park that is closed on a Sunday anyway

Furious woman fined £142 by Southeastern despite attempting to purchase ticket ‘four times

C9MJ73DYJ8TMRAVS4NLN.jpg

A commuter has described her fury at being hit with a £142 fine – despite her repeated efforts to buy a train ticket.

Kelly Hannah-Rogers wanted to purchase a Flexi 28-day season pass at Folkestone Central station but when she arrived at 6.40am the ticket office was shut.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Furious woman fined £142 by Southeastern despite attempting to purchase ticket ‘four times

C9MJ73DYJ8TMRAVS4NLN.jpg

A commuter has described her fury at being hit with a £142 fine – despite her repeated efforts to buy a train ticket.

Kelly Hannah-Rogers wanted to purchase a Flexi 28-day season pass at Folkestone Central station but when she arrived at 6.40am the ticket office was shut.

I wonder if she is a nosy neighbour- she looks like Michael Paine

8 hours ago, bennett said:

C9MJ73DYJ8TMRAVS4NLN.jpg

How did she try purchase a ticket from a closed ticket office 4 times?