The Compo Faces Thread

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

To be fair, Dave Scott and Jim Irwin had a smoother ride on their Apollo 15 LRV.

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

They clearly live in a scrap yard !

I checked online - it's a chalet park/caravan park community.  A popular fly tipping site as well it seems.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I checked online - it's a chalet park/caravan park community.  A popular fly tipping site as well it seems.

Who keeps tipping these flies all over the place? Lazy spiders? Unsuccessful salmon fishermen? Trouser manufacturers? Shut down theatres?

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Is he trying to look in the camera lens or is he looking into his bonnet to make it appear he's looking at the lens?

Why do people agree to these photos. Weirdos.

He is a journalist. Trying to jazz up a compo face, IMO.

19 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Do you actually read the Daily Mail? If so, hats off to you. You’ve got more tolerance/mental stamina than I have. 

I just go on there looking for compo faces

IMG_6782.thumb.jpeg.3ffc8134953daf0d766036eb058a80d8.jpeg

A mum who was at the centre of a tuna sandwich row involving her son and his school has admitted the story wasn't true.

Stacy Jarvis claimed her son Jayden, nine, went all day "without food" because the canteen in Hull ran out of hot meals while he "took his time" taking a poo in the toilet.

IMG_6783.thumb.webp.1648d2aeaa457464e3e87a72cb33576a.webp

Head teacher's letter in full

"Dear Miss Jarvis

"I am writing to express to you both my sadness and disappointment in your actions towards both the school and myself last week.

"As a school we have the 5 key values of respect, responsibility, kindness, honesty and friendship that we expect everyone who visits the school, both children and adults, to follow.

"Your behaviour and actions last week have shown a complete disregard for all of these.

"You were rude and aggressive towards both the staff in our Admin Team and myself. I also received complaints from children, staff and parents regarding the inappropriate language you were using on the school site, in front of children.

"Despite knowing full well that we did not run out of hot food last Tuesday, that in fact Jayden had already tried a serving of Shepherd's Pie before being offered a tuna sandwich, this is without taking into account the desserts available, you still agreed to a newspaper report based solely on the basis that the school had run out of hot meals.

"This has caused a great deal of stress and upset to all the staff at the school, but especially those that tried to encourage Jayden and ensure he had something to eat.

"Putting that to one side, I went out of my way on Friday, during our telephone conversation, so that we could move forward and out the incident behind us, to ensure the best for Jayden.

"It has now become apparent that the sole purpose of the conversation was so that you could gain enough information for a follow up newspaper report. Once again completely based on untruths and mis-quotes.

"Myself and the staff at Thanet will continue to do our very best for all of your children and all others that attend the school.

"However, I will not tolerate a repeat of this type of behaviour towards either the school or the staff.

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The red flag for me is the shite. 

Nobody ever dropped one at school. You'd take your chances skiving and going home to do one rather than use the school lavvies. 

If her aim was to get her kid bullied, she's given the school bullies plenty of material.

13 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Nobody ever dropped one at school. You'd take your chances skiving and going home to do one rather than use the school lavvies. 

I can't be 100% sure many decades after the fact, but I don't think I ever so much as took a piss in the school lavvies in all my years at the high school. In fact, I couldn't tell you where the toilets even were.

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I shat in every boys school cubicle.

My aim is to hit every public building in Scotland as an adult. I have managed in castles, council offices, libraries, universities. 

when they open new buildings, I try to get in esrly.