The Compo Faces Thread

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

IMG_8273.jpeg.38e16968d6080b3a1a1dd9396df6bad1.jpeg

The mother of a young boy who passed both the Kent and Medway tests with flying colours says she’d rather home-school him than send him to “the worst school in England”.

This one even has a video included. 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/news/i-passed-the-kent-test-and-was-given-worst-school-in-englan-303618

That jumper has just given any bullies some extra material.

9 hours ago, Molotov said:

IMG_8274.jpeg.558da8e30ab5fc81844ee8651a3841d1.jpeg

A self-employed joiner is questioning why he is paying £3,500 a year in council tax despite being unable to turn right out of his home because of a 100-metre puddle.

probably pays about three quid in income tax though. 

buy a house up a hill ya tax dodging welt

14 hours ago, Molotov said:

The mother of a young boy who passed both the Kent and Medway tests with flying colours says she’d rather home-school him than send him to “the worst school in England”.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/news/i-passed-the-kent-test-and-was-given-worst-school-in-englan-303618

Passing the Kent test must run in the family. 

14 hours ago, Molotov said:

I don't think your threat is quite the threat you think it is.

IMG_8285.thumb.jpeg.23f49b67f8dd57b2661adbb8c4bc6eb8.jpeg

IMG_8284.thumb.jpeg.50034375513d59c2eba5e9ed4ae03349.jpeg

Today I was visited by planning enforcement. The council believe I have breached planning by not obtaining "advertisement consent". I have complied with their enforcement notice and will duly submit a planning application accordingly. This will take at least 8 weeks.”

Hope he gets a parking ticket for being seated outside on a yellow line.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

IMG_8287.jpeg.2a818094a0cd298cec75da00f4d615d4.jpegIMG_8288.thumb.jpeg.c218747f094d278d922137701e58d595.jpeg

But Mr Pengelly, 75, added:

My windows will not be replaced. I will connect live mains to them if they try.“

Another mad cnut from Kent.

Has a bit of a Gary Glitter image going on there.IMG_8289.jpeg.639df13d2f27879b91aafb6eda8f660e.jpeg

Nice of him to keep his Christmas lights up

Why does he not want his windows replaced?

I looked up the story - he doesn't think new windows will look nice.

But opponents claim the new windows will damage the aesthetic of the block, which is a classic example of Brutalist architecture.

One resident even claims he will try to electrocute anyone who tries to replace his windows.

Simon Pengelly, who has lived in the block for 14 years, told KentOnline: “To replace them with tilt and turn would give a totally bizarre appearance from the outside, totally out of character with the design of the building.

“It would give it different reflections from all different angles.”

A tilt-and-turn window is built as one panel which leans in or out from the rest of the frame.

In planning documents, Freshwater says these will be safer than the current design.

But Mr Pengelly, 75, added: “My windows will not be replaced. I will connect live mains to them if they try.

“They will not change these windows. So at least one flat will look different to the rest anyway.”

The pensioner recognises that the building, built in 1963 and owned by TDC, can get chilly, but suggests those complaining about the cost of heating should wear extra layers.

“It was built in the 1960s when you wore things to keep yourself warm,” he said.

“If you want to heat it like a furnace so you can go around in a t-shirt, then that will cost you.

Edited by ICTChris

Council summoned me for interview under caution because my bin lid was slightly open'

Nurse Rachel Cain said she was 'flabbergasted' after Flintshire Council wrote to her

0_DPP_DPW_190324BinCain_1JPG.jpg

A grandmother claims she was summoned for an interview under caution for having her wheelie bin lid slightly open. Nurse Rachel Cain said she was left "flabbergasted" after being asked to attend an interview with Flintshire Council on April 2.

She claims she went to the council's depot in Alltami to check why they had written to her, and was shown two pictures of her bin lid slightly open. Flintshire Council said it couldn't comment on individual cases.

Grandmother-of-two Ms Cain, 43, of Yowley Road, Ewloe, said: "I received a letter from the council to say I am required to be interviewed under caution at the council's depot in Alltami on April 2. This obviously scared the life out of me as I’m a nurse and consider myself a good person.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Council summoned me for interview under caution because my bin lid was slightly open'

Nurse Rachel Cain said she was 'flabbergasted' after Flintshire Council wrote to her

A grandmother claims she was summoned for an interview under caution for having her wheelie bin lid slightly open. Nurse Rachel Cain said she was left "flabbergasted" after being asked to attend an interview with Flintshire Council on April 2.

She claims she went to the council's depot in Alltami to check why they had written to her, and was shown two pictures of her bin lid slightly open. Flintshire Council said it couldn't comment on individual cases.

Grandmother-of-two Ms Cain, 43, of Yowley Road, Ewloe, said: "I received a letter from the council to say I am required to be interviewed under caution at the council's depot in Alltami on April 2. This obviously scared the life out of me as I’m a nurse and consider myself a good person.

AlanPartridge Shrugs (@partridgeshrugs) / X

1 hour ago, bennett said:

43, aye, OK hen.