The Compo Faces Thread

Value fish fingers aren't very good. 

Mum 'disgusted' after spotting fish eggs in Asda meal moments before toddler tucked in

Caitlyn Lawton, 19, said she made the unpleasant discovery after cooking the fish fingers from the Just Essential range for her two year old boy, Austin

4_JS295490229.jpg

A young mum was left horrified after an unwelcome discovery in her son's meal. Caitlyn Lawton, 20, bought frozen fish fingers from Asda's Just Essential range for her toddler Austin's tea.

But after sticking them in the oven and getting ready to serve them to her wee boy one evening last April, she was left aghast at what she uncovered.

After cutting up the fish fingers to make them easier for Austin to eat, she realised that the tasty treats were filled with fish eggs.

2_klr_nec_300323_fish3.jpg

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

Mum 'disgusted' after spotting fish eggs in Asda meal moments before toddler tucked in

Caitlyn Lawton, 19, said she made the unpleasant discovery after cooking the fish fingers from the Just Essential range for her two year old boy, Austin

4_JS295490229.jpg

A young mum was left horrified after an unwelcome discovery in her son's meal. Caitlyn Lawton, 20, bought frozen fish fingers from Asda's Just Essential range for her toddler Austin's tea.

But after sticking them in the oven and getting ready to serve them to her wee boy one evening last April, she was left aghast at what she uncovered.

After cutting up the fish fingers to make them easier for Austin to eat, she realised that the tasty treats were filled with fish eggs.

Should be in the finest range with added fish roe IMO.

5 minutes ago, Venti said:

Should be in the finest range with added fish roe IMO.

Unsurprisingly unappreciated by someone who manages to burn fish fingers.

On 02/04/2024 at 14:18, bennett said:

4_JS295490229.jpg

Cheapest caviar in town

On 03/04/2024 at 03:55, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Is she sure they weren't Birds Eye?

She was 19 when she cooked them and then 20 when she gave them to her kid, no wonder they look burnt.

Perhaps she was making a midnight snack for young Austin to celebrate her upcoming birthday?

My mum took my squeaky toy away because she wanted a nap, I now feel I’m owed a steak dinner for having to suffer boredom and abandonment issues while she’s snoozing  IMG_7469.thumb.png.6a875dfbec4d7511b4c60e8dd5beddc5.png

Edited by Wacky

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^ Is this photie an optical illusion or are you going to explain the horizontal baluster ?

2 hours ago, Aaron_stampler said:

exactly what I thought. 

could be bottom of a bed stead type thing

It’s the bottom end of the bed. It’s a huge sturdy thing with four big chunky legs. The baluster  type thing you’re seeing has a big bit in the middle then the same on the other side, it runs the full width of the bed.
The bed is about 30 years old, and we are on our fifth or sixth mattress. Love that bed, I have many fond memories of good times on it.