Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

8 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Where’s Brett off to?

I suggested Tranent on their thread as he lives there i think, and he made a comment about not missing the travelling that they have to do in SPFL2, so Lowland League would be ideal.

Berwick maybe as well, not far down the road, they train in Edinburgh.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I suggested Tranent on their thread as he lives there i think, and he made a comment about not missing the travelling that they have to do in SPFL2, so Lowland League would be ideal.

Berwick maybe as well, not far down the road, they train in Edinburgh.

There’s always Sandys of course 😉

I’m not the least bit ITK although I live about a mile from NDP, but there were a few rumours flying around last season about ‘injured’ players who just didn’t fancy the travelling.

Edited by The Mantis

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Those 4 days where they had to travel to away games not in the Lowland League catchment area last season must really have taken it out of the poor boy.

31 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Those 4 days where they had to travel to away games not in the Lowland League catchment area last season must really have taken it out of the poor boy.

Yeah I know, tough gig sitting in a comfortable coach to a few slightly further flung away games. 😬

1 hour ago, oldandround said:

AS weird as it may sound, I think its more related to getting a pay rise at tranent...... 😉 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tranent have signed some big names to be announced soon....

Can’t be going for the money. The wee Tranent posse on here insist they live within their means, no bankrolling 😉

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Can’t be going for the money. The wee Tranent posse on here insist they live within their means, no bankrolling 😉

they lie....

Going for the money.  Along with other new signings to be announced shortly.   Tranent making a push next season.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Great signings so far. Need to replace Horne but plenty of time. Top 4 minimum this season. Fancy us to win the league. 

Agree with that statement and also the age of the signings whilst some of the older players have now moved on.  IMO Josh Grigour is an excellent player and will get better and be more than an able replacement for the “Tranent Pele “

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 1st of July and the first friendly match of pre season. My Grandad was telling me that this used to be the start of the local Edinburgh trades holiday fortnight!!! Look forward to the journey to Pollok, it’s certainly not sun tan weather, but will wear my scarf. Also looking forward to see how the team perform today and the new signings. Expect there may also be some trialists with the squad.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Took in your game today and first time ever watching you guys. Solid well drilled outfit with a good structure. The captain and other guy with the bald head (#10) absolutely strolled it.

I watched the #10 closer in 2nd half and he hardly moves, just the odd yard here and there to generate space then pings a cross field pass to the guys feet! Quality player.

Felt Pollok caused you problems in 2nd half when changing their front line and going with ball to feet more often as the first half they were very 1 dimensional upfront. 

All the best for the season ahead.