Transfer ins & outs

1 hour ago, bigecumnock said:

Watched him all season and i know football is all about opinions. He’s decent but very inconsistent, first touch is not very good but then he turns up with a wonder goal. £20000, I know who won a watch there

Agreed, though I did not see many games he played in I saw enough to be convinced he would never be the answer for us. Oh the boy can run, but his technical ability unfortunately is lacking, just my opinion.

On 01/08/2023 at 16:26, bigecumnock said:

Watched him all season and i know football is all about opinions. He’s decent but very inconsistent, first touch is not very good but then he turns up with a wonder goal. £20000, I know who won a watch there

Thats a bit harsh I reckon. I've seen a lot of him and think he's technically better than he's given credit for. 

27 minutes ago, The Bossman99 said:

Thats a bit harsh I reckon. I've seen a lot of him and think he's technically better than he's given credit for. 

Nabbed the winner against Talbot yesterday. That's half of it paid in the minds of their six supporters.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Nabbed the winner against Talbot yesterday. That's half of it paid in the minds of their six supporters.

He scored the equaliser but let’s be kind to him and say it was his only contribution of any note first half , he kept on giving the ball away time after time , fergie scored the winner and had a quite brilliant effort from 40 yards out which hit the bar and Moore slotted rebound for equaliser , he might now  get a wee bit of confidence from the goal To improve his All Round game 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

He scored the equaliser but let’s be kind to him and say it was his only contribution of any note first half , he kept on giving the ball away time after time , fergie scored the winner and had a quite brilliant effort from 40 yards out which hit the bar and Moore slotted rebound for equaliser , he might now  get a wee bit of confidence from the goal To improve his All Round game 

Ah sorry J. I watched it this morning and the smack off the bar and his rebound stuck in my head as a winning type goal. The winner was almost a carbon copy of the winner which Pollok scored. Something to watch out for.

31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ah sorry J. I watched it this morning and the smack off the bar and his rebound stuck in my head as a winning type goal. The winner was almost a carbon copy of the winner which Pollok scored. Something to watch out for.

Jordan Moore would probably suit Talbot better with the long balls they play as the boy smith up top For Talbot is a really good player but I felt sorry for him yesterday as he wasn’t getting much to feet at all but no chance Talbot were spending that dough which I get  , I know we laugh and have wind ups but if they don’t beat Troon on Wednesday  I can’t see them taking anything from Clydebank and beith the next two games and then the pressure will really be on 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Jordan Moore would probably suit Talbot better with the long balls they play as the boy smith up top For Talbot is a really good player but I felt sorry for him yesterday as he wasn’t getting much to feet at all but no chance Talbot were spending that dough which I get  , I know we laugh and have wind ups but if they don’t beat Troon on Wednesday  I can’t see them taking anything from Clydebank and beith the next two games and then the pressure will really be on 

The three losses have been by one goal and could have gone either way it seems.

Will stick my neck out and say Talbot will beat both Troon and Clydebank. Beith- no comment.

Just a thought. 

I am sure managers have approached players at other teams maybe first picks maybe not my point to the ones who are not starting but asking for silly money you are a long time retired, all the money in the world doesn't give you memories, being a sub,unused sub or not in the squad doesn't bring memories or satisfaction .

Don't price yourself out the game. 

Edited by fb4

5 hours ago, fb4 said:

Just a thought. 

I am sure managers have approached players at other teams maybe first picks maybe not my point to the ones who are not starting but asking for silly money you are a long time retired, all the money in the world doesn't give you memories, being a sub,unused sub or not in the squad doesn't bring memories or satisfaction .

Don't price yourself out the game. 

It seems to be the way of it nowadays, the pull of playing at a good set up and chance of winning things isn't in the modern day players thoughts , money appears to be the motivation for most. Keeping up with the nightclub coke habit costs money you know 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Bit of a tranfer merry go round with new players coming in and going back out again! Unrest in the Burgh camp? 

It's that time of year at a lot of clubs, to be fair. Five or six games in, players and management realise it's not really working out with certain players, and they become available for transfer, it happens every year.