The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

Aberdeen are so easy to play through. They look quite threatening when going forward but Haecken are passing straight through a non-existent midfield and getting in on goal whenever they go forward. They are also doing a totally half-hearted press which is leaving massive gaps. Just look very poorly organised all round.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

You could make a case for challenges like that being a red card. A challenge that sees someone land on their neck is certainly endangers an opponent.

I've been saying same thing since Harry Kane started becoming the master of not only doing it but winning fouls for it. Anyone who, either does what Devlin did or instead of challenging for an aerial ball, leans forward to let the other challenger jump and become out of control should be severely punished for it.

It's endangering an opponent and could easily end a career or worse.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Is it just me or is Duk actually shite?

He's had a howler tonight. Has to he scoring that one on one chance. Wasted an attack with a dreadful shot that went well over. Gave the ball away that ultimately lead to the second goal.

1 minute ago, East Calder Lion said:

That was a ridiculously easy goal. Terrible week for Scottish teams.

The only team I fancied getting a result was the Dons. Hearts, and especially Hibs, were doing well to walk away with respectable defeats.

Our TV money is absolutely dross compared to the majority of Europe, and we just can’t keep up. You’re seeing it year after year. Our teams are (if I’m being generous) slightly below average in the grand scheme of things. 

It’ll continue to get worse.