The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aberdeen must despise their fans if this is the case. Really shite part of town.

If that's the set-up, get your tickets then jump in a taxi and get out of there.

I agree. 

We went for a pint in there before Frankfurt-Bayern about 10 years ago and the area really is a shitehole. 

I'd hope we are all treating this group stage the same way as the last one.

We thought we'd nae chance of getting out of it.

Most dandies chose Madrid over Athens, but those that went to Athens had a great time. We had no expectations but got a fluky win at home which gave us Munich away. 

We've got an extra away game this time. We've no expectations, just enjoy what we have. 

The problem with Eintracht away first, aside from our own issues with around twelve new players to bed into the squad and the current manager's rather questionable use of his resources, is that Eintracht can't be certain how pish we really are at present.

If this game was three in and we were bottom with nul points and a goal difference of -9 or something then they might play some fringe players, but with it being the first game they'll likely play their first XI.

Anyway, I'd leave big Ruby benched for this one. This is too fragile a situation for a kamikaze Serb.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The problem with Eintracht away first, aside from our own issues with around twelve new players to bed into the squad and the current manager's rather questionable use of his resources, is that Eintracht can't be certain how pish we really are at present.

If this game was three in and we were bottom with nul points and a goal difference of -9 or something then they might play some fringe players, but with it being the first game they'll likely play their first XI.

Anyway, I'd leave big Ruby benched for this one. This is too fragile a situation for a kamikaze Serb.

It'll be interesting to see their line-up. They've not been great this season so you could see a rationale for going either way.

They might view tonight as another game to play themselves into form and go strong. Or they might be looking at an important game against Freiburg on Sunday and focus on that.

It's definitely an important group for them. They'll fancy winning this and guaranteeing Europa League next year.