The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Suspect once it is confirmed who is through (95% certain to be Häcken, but we'll know in 3hrs or so) - then it will be a direct negotiation with the hosting club - maybe BBC Scotland, TNT or some other paywall option will pick it up (think Luzern v Hibs tonight is Solidsport).

I was under the impression that they had the rights to every game in the playoff round although I could be mistaken. I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.

Ok, the Swedish champions it is.

Ripped apart the best side in Lithuania, but knocked out on pens by the miracle workers from the Faroes.

With them currently second in Sweden, this will clearly be a tough shift, especially in their tight wee ground next week.

Probably a 50-50 tie, but the jeopardy somewhat removed due to the thought that the Conference groups may be the better option.

This is why I think the club are maybe prepared to wait until on or around deadline day before further strengthening the squad. 

52 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Ok, the Swedish champions it is.

Ripped apart the best side in Lithuania, but knocked out on pens by the miracle workers from the Faroes.

With them currently second in Sweden, this will clearly be a tough shift, especially in their tight wee ground next week.

Probably a 50-50 tie, but the jeopardy somewhat removed due to the thought that the Conference groups may be the better option.

This is why I think the club are maybe prepared to wait until on or around deadline day before further strengthening the squad. 

Take with a pinch of salt but a reliable ITK'er over on AFC Chat has claimed that we have a couple of players lined up in the event we make the Europa Group stages. They'll only sign if we qualify for that tournament.

There is a rumour of a signing today although I'm not holding my breathe on that one as this individual was supposedly signing 2 months ago. We'll see soon enough.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

we have a couple of players lined up in the event we make the Europa Group stages. They'll only sign if we qualify for that tournament.

Bit fkin picky of them is it not?

I could understand the top players insisting on Champions League only - but those at our pay level insisting on Europa over Conference seems a little strange.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Take with a pinch of salt but a reliable ITK'er over on AFC Chat has claimed that we have a couple of players lined up in the event we make the Europa Group stages. They'll only sign if we qualify for that tournament.

There is a rumour of a signing today although I'm not holding my breathe on that one as this individual was supposedly signing 2 months ago. We'll see soon enough.

There is a fairly obvious point early on in your thread, where you really should have stopped typing 😉Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

That's my ticket for Hacken bought.

Aberdeen-Gdansk-Gothenburg

Gothenburg-ferry to Fredrickshavn-night in Aarhus-Billund-Charleroi(three nights in Wallonia meeting someone)-Edinburgh-then Megabus home

Hopefully go to see Randers vs Vilborg 'derby' in the Danish Superligaen

Anyone else booked up?

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Gothenburg-ferry to Fredrickshavn-night in Aarhus-Billund-Charleroi(three nights in Wallonia meeting someone)-Edinburgh-then Megabus home

Anyone else booked up?

We've sold 373 tickets of the 606 allocation. 

Must be because they're only £12. 😆

We'll just ignore the cost of flights, hotel and beer.

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Anyone else booked up?

Looking forward to it. 
We fly Edinburgh-Frankfurt-Gothenburg

6 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Typo. It's 660.

That's the capacity of the away seated area behind the goal. No point them restricting the allocation to 5% of the (reduced, seats-only) capacity of the ground, when they might as well give the whole of the section.

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Reminds me of when I went to a HJK match in Finland. Cost €15 to get in and €16 for two cans of beer.