Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

31 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

I think this result (hilarious as it was) may haunt Thistle for a long time, as there are no games for a long time. Partick blowing it in such a style will give them nightmares for a long time. 

I think you may be correct.

On reflection I think they had 2 great opportunities to finish off County. The second half at Firhill and at 0-1 at Dingwall. 

They were very close to doing so admittedly. 

Ross County just seemed to have the greater Mental Strength, from the manager to the players. They seemed to know they could win, even in adversity, whereas Thistle's confidence had a fragility when things finally fell against them in that 18 minute period .

As you allude to though, they were so close, that it will be very difficult to raise themselves.

57 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

Say long time more.

think this result (hilarious as it was) may haunt Thistle for a long time, as there are no games for a long time.

Partick blowing it in such a style will give them nightmares for a long time.

It will be a long time and that is for sure.

From the song "Long time to get back from Dingwall" written by Ayrfix. 

1 hour ago, Ayrfix said:

I think this result (hilarious as it was) may haunt Thistle for a long time, as there are no games for a long time. Partick blowing it in such a style will give them nightmares for a long time. 

Having suffered relegation seasons I'd say no as you just want to see the back of most of your squad whereas Thistle fans are unlikely to actually hate any of yesterdays team.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Congratulations on not getting relegated by Partick.

IMG_0229.jpeg

The Glasgow Bottlers

Bottled it.

Just watched the highlights!

Why did the Partick player stop?

The incident when he was tackled just over the half way line, clipped by the County defender, red card down to yellow after review ( correct decision)

All he had to do is slip the ball to his team mate.

But nah! he decided to turn back and try and get the defender sent off.

1 hour ago, Ayrfix said:

Certainly haunt a few of their players, Brian Graham has shown he holds onto a grudge, and their covid relegation is still with him. That'll be twice Stevie Lawless has been relegated/lost a play off final with Thistle too, and he got ribbed from his  Livi team mates when he joined us from Thistle that whole season afterwards. To have it so close too, being 3 goals up with 20 mins to go, they'll be having PTSD flashbacks for 'a long time'.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Ayrfix said:

Most of the squad will likely be away though. That should surely reduce any collective haunting by a considerable measure. 

14 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

I 100% guarantee you, we will be promoted before your shitey wee mob !

Hmm.

The most recent Thistle promotion followed a relegation. So maybe you're right. 

I had never been to a match as mad as that before and am still trying to piece it together in my head.

Thank you, Thistle fans, for the Malky Mackay song. It made me chuckle when the chips were down. 

Thanks also to Alex Samuel and his massive arse. He can't shoot but his persistence was a big help in the turnaround.

I have slaughtered Connor Randall all season but he was excellent yesterday. The change of shape to have him sit in front of the defenders and pick up the second balls, when the match was stretching, was one of the few details that Malky got correct over the two legs.

We'll be stuck with Malky for another year now, but that's a glum thought for another day.

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I have slaughtered Connor Randall all season but he was excellent yesterday.

His goal line clearance didnt seem as important at the time as it does now.

20 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I probably got in the way of a press photographer when I took this with my 3 year old boy on my shoulders, but what a moment.

image.thumb.jpeg.39a6fc4d9b22ab7ca7ff7e6673831405.jpeg

That's an absolutely brilliant photo - sums up a completely bonkers day all round.