Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Did the thistle player that scored do the full celebration in front of the county fans including badge kissing and shoosh fingers? What a humiliation if so.

Not sure but after the first leg they were celebrating as if the tie was over. Aiden Fitzpatrick high fived every fan he passed after being subbed late on. That seemed very premature after being 2-0 up against 10 men for around 70 minutes without being able to add a third goal.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I had no idea that there were so many Thistle haters on P&B. 

A lot of it is just one poster. I think his girl/boy friend wife/husband must have run off with a Thistle fan.

We had a great day out in Dingwall, always fund rossshire people very friendly. No denying it was a horrid experience and even worse drive home. 

As soon as we scored , all six of us, after celebrating realised how fickle football can be a feared a come back.

Any team who are three nil down with twenty minutes to go, no matter the opposition, who recover deserve to win. I feared the worst when some idiots started singing down with united.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think its more we are the latest diddy team to make a c@#t of things, on the park.

Fair play, if it was another team I'd be getting stuck in.

Not that many "haters" I think. Aside from teams we used to have a rivalry with and bizarrely Morton fans. I thought St Mirren were their rivals, but there you go...

*lights blue touch player and walks away*

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Not sure but after the first leg they were celebrating as if the tie was over. Aiden Fitzpatrick high fived every fan he passed after being subbed late on. That seemed very premature after being 2-0 up against 10 men for around 70 minutes without being able to add a third goal.

From an opposition point of view Fitzpatrick is a deeply unlikeable character. He exudes the arrogance of an absolute ned, borne out by scoring the first on Sunday and running to shoosh the 12 year olds in the Jailend.  Grade A bellend imho.

12 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

From an opposition point of view Fitzpatrick is a deeply unlikeable character. He exudes the arrogance of an absolute ned, borne out by scoring the first on Sunday and running to shoosh the 12 year olds in the Jailend.  Grade A bellend imho.

Picked up on that aswell , odd behaviour when there is no real rivalry or Ill feeling between the sides

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Watched Sportscene last night for a look at this bottle job. My thoughts:

• Howling at Bannigan claiming for an offside before the third goal when he is playing every single person onside by about 5 yards. 

I know you make more salient points, but watching the highlights again just now, I had missed that.  It’s hilarious.   He had an absolute nightmare after coming on.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I know you make more salient points, but watching the highlights again just now, I had missed that.  It’s hilarious.   He had an absolute nightmare after coming on.

He was arguably, County's man of the match 🤣

Maybe it was the way Ross County set up and played, but Thistle were well off the team they were in the last 5 games. They struggled on the ball and didn't create the chances they were in the previous games. They weren't firing in loads of balls from out wide like they were doing before. They seemed to be slower on the ball and lost some of the energy and high tempo of the last few games, having real issues getting the ball forward. Turner, Tiffony and Lawless were often nullified and since so much play seems to go through then, the Thistle attack was blunted significantly.

Talking of Lawless, he isn't one for the playoffs given that's two seasons in a row where he's been unsuccessful. Pretty sure he was in the Partick team who lost the playoffs to Livingston as well.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, Acastus said:

The Thistle fans blaming the ref is embarrassing. The officials are poor in general but the 2nd and 3rd goals were our own doing. Fucked it. Life goes on. 

No doubt we caved. The point is that without the VAR review for their penalty, which nobody is ever going to convince me should have been given, the other 2 goals probably don’t happen.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe it was the way Ross County set up and played, but Thistle were well off the team they were in the last 5 games. They struggled on the ball and didn't create the chances they were in the previous games. They weren't firing in loads of balls from out wide like they were doing before. They seemed to be slower on the ball and lost some of the energy and high tempo of the last few games, having real issues getting the ball forward. Turner, Tiffony and Lawless were often nullified and since so much play seems to go through then, the Thistle attack was blunted significantly.

Talking of Lawless, he isn't one for the playoffs given that's two seasons in a row where he's been unsuccessful. Pretty sure he was in the Partick team who lost the playoffs to Livingston as well.

Even so, we still had a few really good chances aside from the goal. Tiffoney had a one on one, Graham missed from a few yards out, Mullen blazed over, Bannigan’s howler and Lawless’ one cleared off the line. 

26 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

No doubt we caved. The point is that without the VAR review for their penalty, which nobody is ever going to convince me should have been given, the other 2 goals probably don’t happen.

I know it's a turning point but we've got to deal with it. Harsh pen but his arm was up and possibly blocking an effort on goal. So we feel sorry for ourselves and proceed to bend over and gift them another and another, good teams deal with those setbacks. 

I think on another day we might have been given a pen and them not, but still got to get on with it. Sore one but we'll be back. 

Edited by Acastus

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Nature of the forum really, isn’t it? I’m not sure there are loads of Aberdeen “haters” but I seem to remember that Darvel thread being very busy.

Yesterday was our turn to f**k up, and we’re being slaughtered for it. As is the P&B way.

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

I think its more we are the latest diddy team to make a c@#t of things, on the park.

Fair play, if it was another team I'd be getting stuck in.

Not that many "haters" I think. Aside from teams we used to have a rivalry with and bizarrely Morton fans. I thought St Mirren were their rivals, but there you go...

*lights blue touch player and walks away*

I think t'internet has taken over from local proximity to a certain extent, in recent years it's generally been The Fakes and before that ICT & Falkirk rather than Morten for us.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Nature of the forum really, isn’t it? I’m not sure there are loads of Aberdeen “haters” but I seem to remember that Darvel thread being very busy.

Yesterday was our turn to f**k up, and we’re being slaughtered for it. As is the P&B way.

I think this 'hater' thing (and there isn't one btw) is more a reaction to the recent and incessant blowing of smoke up the Thistle arse by the media.

Not only is it patronising in the extreme, and Jags fans must be weary of it, it's also disrespectful to the opposition.  Yesterday was the perfect storm; the media script was pre-written only for the biggest sliding doors exercise Dingwall has ever witnessed.

Fair play to the Thistle fans on here taking it squarely on the chin.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yep, him and Doolan played in those play offs. Then he signed for us.