Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is just for the CL. BBC showed Hearts in the play-off round of the Europa last year.

BT did show the West Ham conference play off last year though.

They would have had very little interest in showing the Hearts game.

29 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

BT did show the West Ham conference play off last year though.

They would have had very little interest in showing the Hearts game.

I assumed they'd just have bid for it on the open market though, rather than it being contractual.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I assumed they'd just have bid for it on the open market though, rather than it being contractual.

I thought they had the rights to all of the games from the playoff rounds, could be wrong.

Either way they will be the highest bidder in the UK as it’s an English team playing. The fact it’s against a Scottish team will be a bonus for them.

I wonder if it will stop BBC trying to get the Hearts or Aberdeen games? I don’t see many neutrals tuning in for that.

49 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Great stuff from the Hibees. Glad you put them out, a dirty cheating shower they were. Especially glad to see Jashari's face at the end there, a pus I'd never tire of hitting. 

Didn't watch any but that sounds frustrating.... Typical euro Refs!

Also, well done Hibs! The second goals from both teams looked like terrible defending but still great result!

This Hibs team is infuriating. Defensively all over the place at times, corners especially, but seem to score quite freely too. Aston Villa are going to utterly pump us. Be a good trip nonetheless.

Edited by Zing.

As smashing as a result as that was on a personal note it feels pretty flat all things considered knowing I wasn’t there and I missed out on the night 😭.

Train booked for Birmingham already regardless, smashing result, huge boost to the club financially, some superb performances, I know he could have done better for the second but I thought Hanlon was utterly superb otherwise.

Jeggo made a difference when he came on too.

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

As smashing as a result as that was on a personal note it feels pretty flat all things considered knowing I wasn’t there and I missed out on the night 😭.

Train booked for Birmingham already

I feel your pain.