Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

For all the neutrals I think we can agree that 7 or more now for Villa will at least make the game enjoyable.

This match should be a watch-through-your-fingers cringe fest for anyone involved in Scottish football.

Aston Villa can choose what the full time score is without getting out first gear.

You can say 'ha ha Hibs' if you like but that's the standard of the Scottish Premiership being completely dismantled by a team in training session mode.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Boy on the tv having a good scratch of his baws there :lol:

So, how did you get your 15 minutes of fame?

Erm, I got caught scratching my baws on national tv at the football.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hibs kick offs are like Highland league.  Thump it long into the right hand corner.  

I know, it’s absolutely shocking. How can a professional team kick off like that, unreal!

Powderpuff stuff from Hibs here. Why are their players not fit!?…… look like a bunch off leggy old men chasing shadows.

Just now, AyrshireTon said:

Put the TV on just as the 3rd went in.

Have Villa been that good or do Hibs look like they’re going to really struggle this season?

My opinion is that you probably shouldn’t base Hibs prospects for the season based on this just because of the gap between the squads. This Aston Villa team would absolutely walk the Scottish Premiership this season. They would probably be verging into the unbeaten territory. Hibs own fans will tell you they are worried about the manager (or hate him) at least (not sure about the views on the squad overall) this year.

They are giving simple goals away in this game though.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Hibs have been excellent IMO. The scoreline is harsh IMO.

One or two early flurries but other than that Villa are streets ahead. They'd do this to almost any other Scottish team bar Celtic, as we know. However, Hanlon in defence... Josh Campbell... 😟

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This match should be a watch-through-your-fingers cringe fest for anyone involved in Scottish football.

Aston Villa can choose what the full time score is without getting out first gear.

You can say 'ha ha Hibs' if you like but that's the standard of the Scottish Premiership being completely dismantled by a team in training session mode.

Speaking only for myself that really doesn’t bother me. Aston Villa will pay their goalkeeper more this season than probably the turnover of my entire club for the same time period. Nobody thinks there is any competition between the other 10 clubs and any of the top flight clubs down south.

1 minute ago, dstuart82 said:

I know, it’s absolutely shocking. How can a professional team kick off like that, unreal!

Powderpuff stuff from Hibs here. Why are their players not fit!?…… look like a bunch off leggy old men chasing shadows.

I can mind Hearts when we got horsed from Spurs at home years ago. They were like giants compared to us. Real athletes. Even our 'hard man' of the time, Ian Black, was bouncing off them.

Clearly, the budget chasm is always going to dictate games like this, but some of the Hibs defending has been rank.  I genuinely believe a corpse could have been staked to the pitch in the right back position for that entire period and still been able to defend better than Lewis Miller.  And while Paul Hanlon has been a brilliant servant for Hibs over the years, this showing exposes a lot of his weaknesses now.

Damage limitation second half clearly, but it could very much be a cricket score.

15 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I fail to see what positives keeping the full backs narrow has brought so far. Just a throw a dart at a board sort of tactic.

It's not a great tactic when your centre halves are incapable of winning headers.

Edited by houston_bud