Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Or....give us £130m and we can have an even game?

Fud

You haven't laid a glove on them, the defending is non existent, the best thing any players done is a slide tackle 2 mins before the first goal.

That's not money, that's a team set out by Lee Johnson and players who aren't doing basics

Just now, Peil said:

You haven't laid a glove on them, the defending is non existent, the best thing any players done is a slide tackle 2 mins before the first goal.

That's not money, that's a team set out by Lee Johnson and players who aren't doing basics

Yep, we are being horsed. As would any Scottish team.

It's money, if you can't see that your not too bright.

3 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

I can mind Hearts when we got horsed from Spurs at home years ago. They were like giants compared to us. Real athletes. Even our 'hard man' of the time, Ian Black, was bouncing off them.

I remember watching one of those “football years” type programs on bbc/STV about the Spain 82 World Cup and the Scottish players said they were standing in the tunnel side by side with Brazil and all the Brazilians were huge with 6 packs, massive legs etc. Seems like nothing has changed and you always hear people talking about guys having to bulk up when they go south.

I wonder why that is? Is it purely a diet/nutrition/sports science thing which again comes back to budgets? Or could players up here do more hit that physical state?

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This match should be a watch-through-your-fingers cringe fest for anyone involved in Scottish football.

Aston Villa can choose what the full time score is without getting out first gear.

You can say 'ha ha Hibs' if you like but that's the standard of the Scottish Premiership being completely dismantled by a team in training session mode.

To he fair, it wouldn't have flattered St Mirren at all had we been up 3 or 4 at half time when we went to Easter Road.

Whilst Villa would beat every team in Scotland over two legs, all the other Scottish teams in Europe would've put up more of a fight. I reckon even St Mirren and Kilmarnock wouldn't have defended as pathetically. 

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

This match should be a watch-through-your-fingers cringe fest for anyone involved in Scottish football.

Aston Villa can choose what the full time score is without getting out first gear.

You can say 'ha ha Hibs' if you like but that's the standard of the Scottish Premiership being completely dismantled by a team in training session mode.

Not a like for like comparison though. In fact, not even close, and so far apart as to be pointless. 

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

To he fair, it wouldn't have flattered St Mirren at all had we been up 3 or 4 at half time when we went to Easter Road.

Whilst Villa would beat every team in Scotland over two legs, all the other Scottish teams in Europe would've put up more of a fight. I reckon even St Mirren and Kilmarnock wouldn't have defended as pathetically. 

Can't say that mate, it's purely down to money