Dundee United 23/24

Keith Watson was punted by that c**t McNafortune who persisted with his buddy Mark Wilson who was utter dog shit.

People that think Watsons legs were gone at that point obviously went blind while Wilson was with us second time round. Watson was a much better option.

FWIW I'd probably take Watson for this season if he wasn't on a huge wage. Good experience and loved an important goal.

I don't think we've had as good a right back since he left. I can mainly remember Sean Dillon, Ryan McGowan, Liam Smith, Keiran Freeman, Sam Wardrop, Toshney, Murdoch, Van der Struijk, and Charlie Seaman. Shudder.

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Keith Watson was punted by that c**t McNafortune who persisted with his buddy Mark Wilson who was utter dog shit.

People that think Watsons legs were gone at that point obviously went blind while Wilson was with us second time round. Watson was a much better option.

FWIW I'd probably take Watson for this season if he wasn't on a huge wage. Good experience and loved an important goal.

I don't think we've had as good a right back since he left. I can mainly remember Sean Dillon, Ryan McGowan, Liam Smith, Keiran Freeman, Sam Wardrop, Toshney, Murdoch, Van der Struijk, and Charlie Seaman. Shudder.

Wilson had lost his pace and struggled badly second time round which is why he was released, incidentally before Watson, who could still run but only in a straight line because his knee was fucked. It's good that he recovered sufficiently to have a decent career but he's never been consistently injury free and that's unlikely to change now.

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Watson joined us about a year after he left you and his legs were gone. Miles Storey ended his Saints career by simply knocking the ball 10 yards past Watson, who had a 5 yard head start, and reaching it first endlessly.

Hes better at County because hes a CB in a 3 and hes great at reading the game, but its over if he misjudges whats happening.

15 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cancola is rotten.

Watson is levels above our current options (assuming Behic leaves) and loves scoring absolute rakers.

I’m assuming you’ve only seen cancola in the play off games? He’s not rotten, disappointed to lose him definitely would’ve kept him , Watson will still do a job in the championship but he’s done at top flight level, imo he was our best player in the championship winning season albeit that is now 4 years ago!

Coming in peace with a genuine query. We haven't shared a league (and by extension forum) in a long time. I've been quite surprised how little activity there has been on here. Are there just not that many DU fans on P+B, or is it more a lack of activity after a poor season?

15 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Coming in peace with a genuine query. We haven't shared a league (and by extension forum) in a long time. I've been quite surprised how little activity there has been on here. Are there just not that many DU fans on P+B, or is it more a lack of activity after a poor season?

It's mostly that theres next to f**k all coming from tannadice and complete apathy / dejection after a complete omnishambles of a season.

When we're sitting comfortably in the top 6 of the championship and safe from relegation you'll see an upturn in posters.

12 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Apathy around the state of the team comes into it. Also there hasn't been much activity, or even gossip, to get excited about regarding transfer activity.

I for one cannot wait for the bright lights and adrenaline of the Viaplay Cup in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

It's mostly that theres next to f**k all coming from tannadice and complete apathy / dejection after a complete omnishambles of a season.

When we're sitting comfortably in the top 6 of the championship and safe from relegation you'll see an upturn in posters.

Fair enough, like I said earlier I did wonder if that was the case. On the plus side, I don't think you'll need to wait long to be in a comfortable position this season.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hinchcliffe has left the building.

Don't fucking tease me...

The keepers clearly put in some shocking individual performances, but when you see how many similar goals they all conceded, you can't tell me he wasn't a huge part of that

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Don't fucking tease me...

The keepers clearly put in some shocking individual performances, but when you see how many similar goals they all conceded, you can't tell me he wasn't a huge part of that

Been reported in places. Can't confirm sadly.

8 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Aye, the only thing worse is the utter pish that follows after it.

It’s hard to build up enthusiasm, but I’m hoping that the history books show that the AFT (after Fat Tony) period of Dundee United’s history was an improvement on the DFT (during Fat Tony) era.

9 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

If others are as daft as me, they'll keep clicking on to the 'Premiership Chatter' in error, and enthusiasm drains when they realise where we are again.

13 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hinchcliffe has left the building.

He should never have been given the chance to come back again! Now I'm not saying he was to blame for our goalkeeping issues but first time round he took

Radoslaw Czerniak a good solid keeper with a decent track record in Poland and with us.

Zwick a good young prospect, not ready to be thrown into the deep end, but a good attitude and potential.

Zromnick, Polish u21 keeper and ome.of Poland's great white hopes. Had Polish press shocked he had joined United as they expected him to join a bigger club.

Turned them into  goalkeepers showing nervousness in games and second guessing themselves with one in particular looking like he'd never seen a football and goalie gloves in his life!

This season has coached

Carl Johan Erikson who had a good reputation joining us as Finnish No. 2 and current Allsvenskan goalkeeper of the year

Mark Brighitti ex Swansea, NAC Breda, 1 cap for Australia (all be it a decade ago) and two time A league keeper of the year. Joined us as current A league keeper of the year.

Jack Newman well regarded youth prospect. Who performed well for Peterhead on loan.

Turned them into goalkeepers who are 2nd guessing themselves and going against instinct, who look nervous taking to the pitch.

All these other folk can't be wrong can they when voting these keepers as best performing in their leagues, giving them national call ups, talking about them as decent keepers and it is us that see them as they truely are. I got into arguments with an Australian fan and an Australian journalist online over Birighitti. They had to reluctantly accept what I was seeing in person at games, but they were adamant that he had not shown that number of errors per game there, even accounting for standard of some players. Szromnick is current Slask Wroclow no 1. Saku left on loan to Danish top league and they have just paid a fee to sign him permanently. These guys have really only been truly pish with us under Hinchcliffe as coach. Now he did well with Motherwell, but that is 6 goalkeepers over 2 stints with the same outcome. Good riddance!!

Edited by Tannadeechee

52 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If others are as daft as me, they'll keep clicking on to the 'Premiership Chatter' in error, and enthusiasm drains when they realise where we are again.

Done that a few times. Kept wondering why there was no new post on the premiership one before realising😕. Plus I'm trying for the good of my health to not think about the league we are in too much!