Dundee United 23/24

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

This is some Dundee rivalry 'every player they sign if pish' wind up right? 

No, this is a "every time I've watched him he's been rank rotten" take. Go and read the Play Off final thread, he was rightly being called out for being so poor yet left on. An absolute shitebag in that game.

12 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Looked very awkward, Cammy Kerr levels of awkwardness.

Nowhere near that level! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

No, this is a "every time I've watched him he's been rank rotten" take. Go and read the Play Off final thread, he was rightly being called out for being so poor yet left on. An absolute shitebag in that game.

Nowhere near that level! :lol:

I'm sure you can appreciate I will not be going anywhere near that Play Off final thread ever again.

I can't really comment on Ross Doherty, as I've never heard of him and can't recall ever seeing him play - which is a bit worrying for a 30yo that's only ever played in Scotland.

Hopefully that's just down to my ignorance.

Meh.

On 18/06/2023 at 11:45, cb_diamond said:

Coming in peace with a genuine query. We haven't shared a league (and by extension forum) in a long time. I've been quite surprised how little activity there has been on here. Are there just not that many DU fans on P+B, or is it more a lack of activity after a poor season?

When the going gets tough they f**k off basically, lowest ever derby away support when their team needed them the most. I think that says it all.

Thank you.

Ross Docherty is the epitome of Championship standard player. He's probably exactly what United need in their midfield.

Bit strange to give him a 2 year deal when I'd imagine you lot have aspirations to bounce back at the first opportunity though.

I'm getting flashbacks to when you pinched Archibald and Paterson 🤣

flashback GIF

I liked Doc, a solid signing for this shitshow of a league and Holt is pretty much the same. Can play left back or left centre back and scored a few goals for us. 

Solid signings I would say.

Docherty will do well, average player  that does the dirty work well. When he plays you will moan about him and when he’s not in the team you will maybe realise he does more than you think. That type of player. 

Holt and Turner far bigger losses than Doc imo. I’d wish him the best but I absolutely wouldn’t fucking mean it 👍🏻.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

I can't really comment on Ross Doherty, as I've never heard of him and can't recall ever seeing him play - which is a bit worrying for a 30yo that's only ever played in Scotland.

Hopefully that's just down to my ignorance.

Meh.

He’s played against you at least twice for us in the Scottish cup in the past few seasons. And, I presume, will have played against you for Ayr the last time you were in this league.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s played against you at least twice for us in the Scottish cup in the past few seasons. And, I presume, will have played against you for Ayr the last time you were in this league.

And I didn't notice him would be my point.

27 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Is Declan Glass still on the books at United? Quite liked the look of him in his extremely brief spell with us a couple of years ago (prior to an injury). 

He is. Goodwin was suggesting last week that he'd be involved with us this season having been really impressive in training since Goodwin arrived at the club. Couldn't hold down a first team place at Cove, Killie or Derry City in his last three loan spells though so it remains to be seen whether Goodwin will remain so keen when it comes to actually playing first team games.

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rumour on twitter that we've got Liam Smith training with us, any positive thoughts on him as a player?

I don't remember him being very impressive when he's played against us previously. 

He was one of the best full backs in the Championship last time we were down, but turned in some pretty poor performances last season mainly playing on the right of a back 3.

He was also rumoured to be one of the disruptive influences in the dressing room but no idea if there's anything in that.

As a RB he'd probably be a decent signing for anyone outside the Premiership tbh.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rumour on twitter that we've got Liam Smith training with us, any positive thoughts on him as a player?

I don't remember him being very impressive when he's played against us previously. 

He suffered along with the rest of the defence last season and just got progressively worse but he has been a very good Championship/competent Premiership player in the past and should be a stand-out in League 1. 

You will get a lot of folk simply saying that he's absolutely awful so brace yourself.