Dundee United 23/24

Mulgrew still on holiday wee his family so canna be reporting back for first day of pre season tomorrow, djoum no where to be season on the first team page on the website, I wonder if Birrighitti will be there tomorrow hmm

Both signings we have made so far seem to be far to sensible for us, maybe we have turned a corner, both players seem to come across as leaders and will f*cking hate loosing a game of football- to many last season didnt seem to bother at all, so far so good still think we need to get rid of a few- mcmann niskanen Birrighitti, can’t see behich or levitt sticking around either, but been a good window up to this point let’s hope these type of signings continue 

rumours also that sibbald is potentially going to killie, would be disappointed in that, was a shining light in a absolutely disastrous season 

Edited by dundeeunited83

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Mulgrew still on holiday wee his family so canna be reporting back for first day of pre season tomorrow, djoum no where to be season on the first team page on the website, I wonder if Birrighitti will be there tomorrow hmm

Both signings we have made so far seem to be far to sensible for us, maybe we have turned a corner, both players seem to come across as leaders and will f*cking hate loosing a game of football- to many last season didnt seem to bother at all, so far so good still think we need to get rid of a few- mcmann niskanen Birrighitti, can’t see behich or levitt sticking around either, but been a good window up to this point let’s hope these type of signings continue 

rumours also that sibbald is potentially going to killie, would be disappointed in that, was a shining light in a absolutely disastrous season 

Wouldn't be fussed if Mulgrew left, he'll be a big earner and is clearly past his best. Can't see anyone else picking up his wages so I'd imagine he'll be a bench warmer if he stays.

Birighitti should just be melted down for glue.

Again, wouldn't lose sleep ove McMann going but he'd probably be a decent enough player at this level. Same for Niskanen however his hard work ethislc and attitude are exactly what's needed in the Fundesliga. Its probably just as, if not more, important than talent so I'd be fine if both stuck around this season.

Sibbald is a funny one. Probably one of our best performers and would be on a decent salary. The club may want him (or anyone really) off the books to save a bit of dosh. Don't blame the club but would rather we kept a hold of him. Mind you, he may not want to drop down. Wouldn't blame him for moving on either.

I like the look of the new lads. Never really heard of either but if they have drive, grit and aggressive tendencies then that's enough for me.

I hope our team is full of complete and utter b*****ds.

2 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Docherty lost plenty of games of football last season haha

6 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Think you will find that before his injury Milne was best full back in Championship. 

I actually thought McMillan was the best one by a country mile. Regardless, Thistle had the best full backs in the league. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And is now our goalkeeping coach...

Best of luck with him. We had 2 international keepers, 1 just come from being A league in Australia Goalkeeper of the year 2 years a in a row. And it is basically goalkeeping problems that sent us down. Shocked he has waked in to another job in The Premiership. 

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Mulgrew is absolutely done as a player. Given everything, a parting of the ways is best for everyone.

Could be on the cards once Holt is announced? 

6 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Mulgrew is absolutely done as a player. Given everything, a parting of the ways is best for everyone.

Done as a player but way too many stories of behind the scenes issues for me also. Could be nonsense but you'd struggle to find many fans who want him involved at the club.

14 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

If rumours are true, we’ll be signing a GK after he’s played his testimonial in a few weeks. 

(can’t see it tbh, but who knows)

Not for me.

Billy Bigbaws arseholes who are past it are who we should be shipping out.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Would he really join us after having spent the past few years re-affirming his Sevconian credentials in repentance for bailing out when the new club got crowbarred into the old 3rd division?

Let's not kid ourselves, an almost retired McGregor would still represent a monumental upgrade on our current options. Having said that, a rather inconvenient problem to waiting until after his testimonial on July 18th is that either Newman or (God help us) Birighitti will be in goal for at least the first league cup group game on the same night.

Edited by captainkev

6 hours ago, captainkev said:

Would he really join us after having spent the past few years re-affirming his Sevconian credentials in repentance for bailing out when the new club got crowbarred into the old 3rd division?

Let's not kid ourselves, an almost retired McGregor would still represent a monumental upgrade on our current options. Having said that, a rather inconvenient problem to waiting until after his testimonial on July 18th is that either Newman or (God help us) Birighitti will be in goal for at least the first league cup group game on the same night.

Grim reading. McGregor goals prevented ratio is worse than poppadum's 

Fvx0lObWAAMQN9_?format=jpg&name=large[/img]