Dundee United 23/24

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

That's Holt announced. Not convinced by this transfer strategy thus far.

Holt was one of the best centre halves in this division last season. Plenty of experience too, I think it’s a good signing (on the basis that Goodwin intends to play him at centre half).

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

It makes sense to bring in tried and tested Championship performers, but there's definitely a limit. You can't only bring in Championship level players or you just become a Championship player team. Definitely need a higher calibre for the next couple of bodies in for United to be set apart from the rest of the league. 

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Signing some of the best players from the division you’re going to be playing in seems like a sound transfer strategy to me.

Holt was unfairly criticised at Dundee. I thought he was always solid enough for us. 

I'd say championship is definitely his level nowadays though. Good performer for Thistle last season so a decent option left sided centre back/left back for Utd next season.

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Holt is a very good signing for anyone in the division IMO. Pretty consistent for us last season.

Holt was my consistently top player last year as he did the biz without too much fuss,flap our flounder.Fearless in defence,not afraid to take knocks ,scored the odd goal from set pieces and OK at pens .Great signing for DUFC .

Edited by I Clavdivs

13 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Why’s that? 

Holt is first one I’m not sure on, probably confirms mulgrews departure 

Sign players who were in and around the championship play offs, become a championship play off side.

10 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Holt was unfairly criticised at Dundee. I thought he was always solid enough for us. 

I'd say championship is definitely his level nowadays though. Good performer for Thistle last season so a decent option left sided centre back/left back for Utd next season.

Think you’re in the minority, most Dundee fans I know thought Holt was absolute pish at Dens , but your right in saying championship is his level 

He'll be absolutely fine at CB, thought he might wind up at a bottom 6 premiership club. Can cover LB but it's certainly no longer his best position.

Hopefully has the same stellar career path as Adam Barton and Daniele Chiarini.

Holt was pretty poor to average for us for a good number of years. Jordan Marshall was a better LB for us IMO.

Steady as a Championship CH it seems though. You'd think United would be doing better than Holt but he'll not be the worst CH you've ever had.

Just seems very meh.

3 hours ago, arabdelic said:

Grim reading. McGregor goals prevented ratio is worse than poppadum's 

Fvx0lObWAAMQN9_?format=jpg&name=large

This is the danger of being in thrall to statistics. Those numbers claim there were at least 3 keepers worse in the league than Birighitti, yet we know that simply is not the case.

There's a reason Birighitti has the highlight video from last season accompanied by circus clown music.