Dundee United 23/24

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

My memory of Levitt was very good on loan but less so last season, is that right?

Yeah.  Needs decent players around him. Capable of playing great passes and through balls and scoring spectacular goals.  Can go missing for long spells when the going gets tough.  Injured quite a lot too. £350k could be an absolute bargain.

22 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's some amount of wages freed up.

When Behich and Mulgrew bugger off, going to be even more. 

By my calculations that's everyone over 5k a week off the books now.

Hopefully Goodwin just rips the contracts up, and they walk away for free.

Thank you.

The biggest flaw in signing Levitt was not signing a decent defensive midfielder to do his dirty work for him.

Now we’ve signed one from Thistle and sold Levitt. Tremendous.

I do agree him going for a fee now rather than for free next summer is the correct decision though

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's some amount of wages freed up.

It's some laugh signing this wonderkid, bigging him up and quoting future fees. Sending him to the world cup and some, spectacularly, still making a loss on the whole thing. As well as relegated.

Usually when a club has to Tweet news that scunners a fanbase, they try and sandwich it between good news to lessen the blow.

So here's your good news lads, tell us who wears the better Errea coat.

20 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's some laugh signing this wonderkid, bigging him up and quoting future fees. Sending him to the world cup and some, spectacularly, still making a loss on the whole thing. As well as relegated.

You can't deny Levitt didn't look like he had some serious potential when he first joined.

Revolution sports made all that noise. United fans agreed with some of it.

It's okay we'll win the championship at some point and have an open top parade cause that's how it's done yeah?

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

You can't deny Levitt didn't look like he had some serious potential when he first joined.

I've never said he doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Revolution sports made all that noise. United fans agreed with some of it.

I don't know who they are. I can only go on the numerous £2m-£3m valuations that was put on him from many of your support. It did look feasible but the over exaggeration from a lot of your boys was very St Mirren.

You shouldn't ever go St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's okay we'll win the championship at some point and have an open top parade cause that's how it's done yeah?

I've got no idea what any of this means. I know Dundee haven't had an open top parade. Is that what United done last time you won it?

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The tell tale sign of someone that's fucking devastated.

We've all been there m8.

Not devastated. I wish I cared that much anymore to feel that way.

Undoubtedly a talented kid and was at times brilliant, but I increasingly doubt he can take his game to the next level - and I'm thinking beyond Hibs there.

He seems to miss about a third of games due to minor injuries he consistently picks up which is unusual at his age and can go completely missing in way too many games.

When he was good he was very very good. It just didn't happen enough.

Am I concerned about us having a shite team, then letting all our least-shit players leave to free up wages and signing Championship jobbers to replace them? A little.

Edited by ArabFC

3 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Why the f**k Dundee fans are bothering to read this forum, never mind post on it is beyond me.

Because that's the whole point of a multi-club forum.

The kick in the stones is that United sold to another Scottish club. Granted not one they are directly competing with this season.

I'm not convinced he had all this ability people talked about - he looked decent in flashes from what I seen. Ultimately United took a gamble on paying a fee and big wages on a player they thought they would sell on for more. Not exactly the worst strategy in the world, it is just compounded by their relegation.

Players leaving PL youth academies are a bit of a weird one. You could find a real gem or you could find the next Sean Goss for example. 

Best thing to do was to get him off the wage bill asap as that will be the real drain on the club.

18 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Why the f**k Dundee fans are bothering to read this forum, never mind post on it is beyond me.

They’re still obsessed with Dundee’s big team despite our relegation.  Hard to blame them tbh.