Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think both were waiting on the ball and waiting to get fed the ball rather than working hard to get it. 

Worked well to get the pen but then obviously no reward.

@ArabFC is a boring p***k who thinks he has some sort of insight despite never having actually demonstrated it so I wouldn't worry who he red dots 

I dunno, I've got a good feeling about this one...

On 01/03/2023 at 15:38, ArabFC said:

Levein should be coming here long term - that should be the plan - enough of this tombola nonsense! Next out of the hat we have Jim fcuking Goodwin who we'll sack midway through next season etc etc etc etc

Edited by ArabFC

14 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Nobody thinks he's an "amazing baller" ffs.  It's only really the Patrick fans who seem to think today was a story about Ross Docherty. If you're genuinely interested, he was fine. Time to move on lads.

You are the one that seems to think he is a destroyer not me haha

19 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah that was pretty shit. Getting humped by Queens down at Palmerston was pretty bad. The 2-0 v East Fife at Tannadice will be up/down there.

Bad as they were* I can at least partly write those two games off as really off days. That squad generally functioned and was on course to have a successful season before Covid happened.

There was literally no mitigating factors about that Falkirk result though. It ended any hope for Laszlo months before he was eventually punted, and Falkirk's consistent downwards spiral afterwards just kept making that hammering all the more of a minter.

At any rate, it's a grim subject to be discussing on a Saturday night.

*I'd maybe take a harsher view of the Queens pumping if I'd been one of the poor sods who made the round trip to Dumfries tbf. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeker said:

I've been drinking since full time and just asked the wife if she fancies coming to bed with "the destroyer". It's under her pillow apparently and she's phoned me a pizza

What kind of pizza?

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Boy that held him back probably saved him from a 20 game ban

I doubt it, Dave's full of wind and pish, Utd seem to attract geriatric clowns. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Utd seem to attract geriatric clowns. IMO.

We're trying to expand our fanbase beyond just woman and children from east of Dobbies.

Edited by captainkev

2 hours ago, SGMilne said:

So they have to get this striker signing right.

Watt today was ok considering he was playing his first minutes in about 4 months. I don't think he should be played up top alone though.

Middleton was pish. No anticipation, sluggish and did very little.

I don't have too much faith in Freeman or McMann though.

Perhaps Sibbald in centre mid and Grimshaw at right back would be better?

Middleton is playing exactly as the player I expected, which is why I wasn't enamored with hia signing. The guy has talent but lst season looked overweight ( for a pro footballer)and unfit. This is season he does look slimmer. He looks like a lot of the boys we.produce. proficient with the ball at his feet (can take a free kick), but in a game there is a lot of huff and puff but absolutely nothing happens.  There are so many games wherw he could sit back in the dugout and you'd never notice he'd gone off.

Watt, I do wonder if he was rushed back as we needed someone there, or Goodwin thought, it's Spartans, that would be fine  to use to get Watt up to speed for the League opener.

The big, bif disappointment for me was, especially in the forst half, thr slow, laboured play. The exact opposite of what Goodwin said he wanted us to play.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s a budget Darren Fletcher.

I quite liked him and genuinely wish him all the best at United. 

Fair enough. We needed destroyers in midfield last season and Docherty was sold to the fans as filling that hole. He played deepest of a midfield three today but Spartans didn't do much attacking after taking the lead so I couldn't really say whether he destroyed much or simply played deep. If guys want to vehemently declare that he's not a destroyer then who am I to argue.

Not a destroyer

Not a "baller"

Budget Darren Fletcher.

Gotcha.

3 hours ago, SGMilne said:

Listening to the interviews on the BBC and on United's own platform, I can't really disagree with too much Goodwin said other than he thought Meekison was excellent.

Shit result, really slow in the final third, but apart from one mistake from Denham which ultimately cost us a goal, I don't think we were particularly troubled defensively.

We desperately need to work on movement in the final third and to sign a target man striker though. And Goodwin desperately need to work on a strategy to break down teams who sit in. But then so did Neilson and all the other managers we had in the Championship.

Disappointed, but I'm not panicking any time soon.

paybolt-payboltarmy16.gif

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Fair enough. We needed destroyers in midfield last season and Docherty was sold to the fans as filling that hole. He played deepest of a midfield three today but Spartans didn't do much attacking after taking the lead so I couldn't really say whether he destroyed much or simply played deep. If guys want to vehemently declare that he's not a destroyer then who am I to argue.

Not a destroyer

Not a "baller"

Budget Darren Fletcher.

Gotcha.

You will be back in a few months demanding he is binned. There is a reason we lost so many games late on just like there is a reason you lost to spartans the lad has no heart or dig.

11 minutes ago, chattyman said:

You will be back in a few months demanding he is binned. There is a reason we lost so many games late on just like there is a reason you lost to spartans the lad has no heart or dig.

Something that can’t possibly be a description of Ross Docherty ^^

Docherty isn’t a destroyer, but he will break up play and win second balls well. He isn’t a ball player either but is tidy on the ball and will keep things ticking over. Very much the kind of player that is under appreciated until he leaves a club. 

He will be a good signing in the right midfield IMO. 

19 minutes ago, chattyman said:

Absolute nonsense.

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Something that can’t possibly be a description of Ross Docherty ^^

Docherty isn’t a destroyer, but he will break up play and win second balls well. He isn’t a ball player either but is tidy on the ball and will keep things ticking over. Very much the kind of player that is under appreciated until he leaves a club. 

He will be a good signing in the right midfield IMO. 

Just a shame he has yet to find it, but that must be everyone else's fault i guess.........