Dundee United 23/24

46 minutes ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Burns used to be the ITK guy for utd news when The Fat Controller Asghar was in charge, now not so much

Scott Burns reporting has nosedived for me. Used to be really good for the lower leagues but hardly ever posts about those clubs now.

Unsurprising.

Souttar was on a completely different level to Neilson in terms of ability on the ball and the only real issue he had as a kid was his lack of physicality - which was only natural given he was starting games soon after turning 16.

Neilson on the other hand has just turned 19 and already seems... slow. Not necessarily in a pace aspect, but in how he turns, how he reacts.

I'm sure most will think I'm being overly critical, but I just don't see him becoming a regular starter at this level.

Edited by ArabFC

On 01/08/2023 at 22:43, Zoomer Brown said:

Burns used to be the ITK guy for utd news when The Fat Controller Asghar was in charge, now not so much

No idea where this nonsense came from, the way Asghar has got into the minds of United fans everywhere conspiracies. Burns used to break United transfers way,way before and of our fans had heard of the name Asghar nevermind seen it written down or had an ex agent turn up at the Tannadice doors.

As one example the Chris Erskine transfer was broken by him days before anyone else.

I do agree he seems to not have much to say on clubs outside of Premiership these days.

Edited by Tannadeechee

40 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

No idea where this nonsense came from, the way Asghar has got into the minds of United fans everywhere conspiracies. Burns used to break United transfers way,way before and of our fans had heard of the name Asghar nevermind seen it written down or had an ex agent turn up at the Tannadice doors.

As one example the Chris Erskine transfer was broken by him days before anyone else.

I do agree he seems to not have much to say on clubs outside of Premiership these days.

True - he was the prime source of United exclusives under the baldy snake regime as well

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Too long tbh. Wouldn't have wasted any staff time saying anything about that donkey.

What a weird spell Mulgrew had.

In his first season, he was a rock at the back, bringing much-needed leadership.

Then one close-season later, his legs had gone, making him a liability and apparently causing chaos behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Then one close-season later, his legs had gone, making him a liability and apparently causing chaos behind the scenes.

Which is how quite a few of us are looking at the Gallacher move. Good player, not sure if the legs are still there, the club moved quickly to make sure we didn't find ourselves in a similar situation.

That said, I also feel a less than 100% Gallacher could still walk most Championship games.