Dundee United 23/24

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Yes. Shiting it from a more vocal support being a 12th man and cheering their team on to victory and ultimately winning the league. 

As I said on the Raith board. If United aren't playing well it won't be 2,000 Raith fans that is the worry to Goodwin and the players it will be the 9,000 United fans 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Imagine being one of the dab's many creditors and you see them knocking back the opportunity to sell a further 600 tickets at £25 a pop.

Oh Dee Man, is your face going to be red when you find out that the only significant creditor is the guy who owns the club.

I would go a stage further and not sell them any tickets. Checkpoints at the Tay Bridge should be enacted with drivers forced to say 'I actually quite like Dunfermline' to ensure only regular commuters get through.

32 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I would go a stage further and not sell them any tickets. Checkpoints at the Tay Bridge should be enacted with drivers forced to say 'I actually quite like Dunfermline' to ensure only regular commuters get through.

Would anyone, anywhere actually admit to that though? 

37 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I was a big fan of Dunfermline last Friday.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm torn as to whether the whole moaning about away allocations stuff is very Falkirk-y or very Old Firm-y.

Reveal hidden contents

ZP0TeIYFzE97eHcKa6o9moqUKo4=.gif

Fair. I've never known us to ever complain about a ticket allocation before.

I'm not sure there is a precedent in Scottish Football for a home club being so rattled from a club significantly smaller than them though. It may have to be known as Dundee United-y.

Or just Tinpot.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Oh Dee Man, is your face going to be red when you find out that the only significant creditor is the guy who owns the club.

That's common knowledge, but are you saying he's the only creditor? Think carefully about if it's possible for all your creditors to be in-house. With £13m owed to Ogren, obviously any other creditor might seem insignificant to Utd, but if you're owed even £30k and you see them refusing that money, you're going to be a tad peeved. 

3 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

As I said on the Raith board. If United aren't playing well it won't be 2,000 Raith fans that is the worry to Goodwin and the players it will be the 9,000 United fans 

Why restrict the away tickets then?

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Why restrict the away tickets then?

Again, I don't know, you don't know and every Raith fan doesn't know. The talk is that it's 600 tickets. How much noise extra is 600 fans going to make?

If it is 600 (and I don't know this) do you really think United have thought 'let's cut 600 seats from the shed because anymore fans and that will make a negative impact on us

Edited by Glen Scotia

44 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Again, I don't know, you don't know and every Raith fan doesn't know. The talk is that it's 600 tickets. How much noise extra is 600 fans going to make?

If it is 600 (and I don't know this) do you really think United have thought 'let's cut 600 seats from the shed because anymore fans and that will make a negative impact on us

Well, yes. Are you new to football?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

That's common knowledge, but are you saying he's the only creditor? Think carefully about if it's possible for all your creditors to be in-house. With £13m owed to Ogren, obviously any other creditor might seem insignificant to Utd, but if you're owed even £30k and you see them refusing that money, you're going to be a tad peeved. 

Well, no he's obviously not the only creditor, that's why I said he's the only significant creditor. If he was literally the only creditor then I would have said that. There's a couple of million due to the Government, interest free, for the covid recovery loans which pretty much every club in the country took advantage of. It would have been negligent not to. Beyond that there will be your usual business invoices, maybe staged payments for a transfer fee here or there. The usual, run of the mill,  accounting practises. Nothing's in default and everyone will be paid, except Mr Ogren. Nae luck Mr Ogren.

Edit: Practises*. FFS.

Edited by Pull My Strings