Dundee United 23/24

Regardless of how this season goes, I’d move Docherty on. 

missed 11 of our 22 games. 

with - W9 D2 L0 (29/33)

without - W5 D4 L2 (19/33)

key player of course, but (I assume) can’t travel far to work each day. 

10 hours ago, captainkev said:

I'm not a huge fan of Tilson either, but in fairness to him I thought he put in his best performance for us yet by far on his last start up at Inverness. Granted it was a night where no-one else in our team was close to their best, but Tilson made at least a couple of crucial interventions to keep us from falling behind.

Hopefully we get that version of him again tomorrow.

Tillson is great when we don't have the ball, his work rate and positioning are excellent.  Tillson with the ball though is probably the worst player in United's history and I don't even mean that as an exaggeration.  He knows this too as he tries his best to not be available to take a pass.

25 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Tillson is great when we don't have the ball, his work rate and positioning are excellent.  Tillson with the ball though is probably the worst player in United's history and I don't even mean that as an exaggeration.  He knows this too as he tries his best to not be available to take a pass.

Ach, steady on.

On the final point, I think he does genuinely try to get into position to receive the ball, he just has no idea where he should be or what to with it if he gets it.

3 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Behave. Worse than Christophe Rabitisch? Adam Barton? Yannick Loemba? Jordie Briels? Don't be silly.

19 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Behave. Worse than Christophe Rabitisch? Adam Barton? Yannick Loemba? Jordie Briels? Don't be silly.

Maybe I'm being too generous, but Jordie Briels wasn't too bad as far as I remember. My memory is that the problem with him was he was permanently injured.

54 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't recall him ever having the ball in his possession, so it's difficult to rate him in this competition...

In fairness, he got a few assists last year. None for United, but still.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't recall him ever having the ball in his possession, so it's difficult to rate him in this competition...

Maybe not in his hands, but with the ball at his feet he could produce magic.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I vividly remember one occasion when he definitely had the ball in his possession.

Edit: I see our Dee friend has already highlighted that incident.

Edited by Pull My Strings

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

What is the purpose of Glenn Middleton?

I was asking that very same question watching the game tonight.  From what I’ve seen of him he looks extremely poor and if truth be told a little unfit.

@RandomGuy. was Middleton any good when he was at St Johnstone?