Dundee United 23/24

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We didn't have any more tickets available to purchase at the time iirc. I'd say that is selling out. 

Well, we seem to have reached an impasse. One of us is clearly mistaken.

I say it's you. I trust that you will be a big enough man to simply accept that and move on with your life.

30 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Well, we seem to have reached an impasse. One of us is clearly mistaken.

I say it's you. I trust that you will be a big enough man to simply accept that and move on with your life.

I'll be a big enough man to admit I couldn't care less... About any of it tbh. 

I'd have done the same if I was in charge of all that at your club. Like iv said 3 times now... 

As others have said I'd be stunned (stunned I tell you) if this isn't an initial allocation and Raith get as many tickets as the need by selling sections in the JK.

Unfortunately with a heavy heart Utd will have to charge you 27 quid for the top tier view though.

Utd shitting themselves, but i do love how in one stupid decision they have motivated the Raith squad even more. So thank you for that. Utd have short memories on how the Raith support voted for utd to get more tickets, utd wan#ers!

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are Rovers likely to sell out? No away fans have got close to selling out at Tannadice all season and I doubt that will change next week. I don't think United have announced the allocation yet or which stands are being allocated to Rovers so it's difficult to say whether it's unfair or not. United do tend to punt away fans from the Shed for big games in order to give it to United fans so I presume that's what's happening. Which seems perfectly reasonable and fair given that there will be greater demand for extra tickets from home fans than away.

FWIW, if we are doing it to gain an advantage then I'm cool with that too. Abso-fucking-lutely.

We were allocated 1950 tickets and sold 1900+ all that was left when I looked prematch was a few seats behind each pillar. . 

IMG_2966.jpeg

Aye, we've moved past that point. Rovers did indeed come close to selling their allocation last time and there was chat about opening further sections. In the end that wasn't necessary. That would have meant opening a whole new Stand though.

Sounds like you've been put in the Fair Play stand, which would be a smaller initial allocation with scope to extend along into the Jerry Kerr. That gives United the option of selling tickets in the Shed to United fans, which is always the preferred option. That would allow more fans from both clubs to attend.

Not really sure the pissy statement from the Rovers board was necessary,  or on point, but that seems to be the way of things with some people. If Rovers sell out their allocation and don't then get further seats then you can moan. Seems a bit premature before a single ticket has been released. The Rovers board are mostly local dryg dealers though, is that right? Probably whacked out on goofballs.

41 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from United, trying to maximise our home support for a huge game.

We should be keeping the Shed for ourselves and giving the other 3 sides to Raith out of respect

Finally someone talking sense. 

9 hours ago, Malky6424 said:

Utd shitting themselves, but i do love how in one stupid decision they have motivated the Raith squad even more. So thank you for that. Utd have short memories on how the Raith support voted for utd to get more tickets, utd wan#ers!

"Raith support voted to get United more tickets" that was graciously kind of you. Did the proceeds also go to charity? 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not really sure the pissy statement from the Rovers board

From they way I've seen them act in the directors box at East End this season , they have zero class. Wanting to fight folk and mouthing off during games. They seem to like spending there time trying to wind folk up and putting out embarrassing statements. Classless trash.

Another tale which may or may not be true: Raith have got the Shed, but polis have insisted on a larger segregation section between it and the George Fox Stand. Maybe we'll find out at 10am.

All this doesn't affect me in the slightest, as I have a season ticket, but thought I'd just slide this one into Thursday.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, we've moved past that point. Rovers did indeed come close to selling their allocation last time and there was chat about opening further sections. In the end that wasn't necessary. That would have meant opening a whole new Stand though.

Sounds like you've been put in the Fair Play stand, which would be a smaller initial allocation with scope to extend along into the Jerry Kerr. That gives United the option of selling tickets in the Shed to United fans, which is always the preferred option. That would allow more fans from both clubs to attend.

We're in the Shed. United have bricked it after December.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

From they way I've seen them act in the directors box at East End this season , they have zero class. Wanting to fight folk and mouthing off during games. They seem to like spending there time trying to wind folk up and putting out embarrassing statements. Classless trash.

Disappointing, if not entirely surprising. Rovers 🤮

Absolute farce the way United have sold these tickets. 
Keeping us in the Shed but with 600 empty seats. 
Then only releasing a small amount to begin with. 
Why not just release all 1300 tickets in one go? We’ll definitely sell them all. 

The United supporters calling our social media classless have got a brass neck after this fiasco. 

Think Utd have made a bit of a c**t of this tbh. Should have kept the shed for ourselves with reduced ticket costs to try to get the place jumping, give the Raith fans the Fair play and Jerry Kerr if needed. Giving the shed to Raith at a reduced capacity is just stupid, the difference in noise between 1900 fans and 1300 fired up fans will be minimal and the excuse of a larger segregation section is a load of bollocks as we never did this in the top flight against teams with far scummier fans than Raith, all we've done is reduce our ticket income.