Dundee United 23/24

50 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Well I tried to get 3 tickets and failed. Tv for us.

Are you claiming now that it's sold out already or that you just can't be arsed going back in to try? Would blame you if it's the latter, the ticketing software is awful.  Ironically United just announced an extension of their contract with the ticketing provider on Tuesday.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/8322/DUNDEE-UNITED-AGREE-FUTURE-TICKETING-EXTENSION-.html

What are you smoking @Pull My Strings?

The tweet I sourced was showing less than 50 tickets left 24hrs before the game. 
Nobody knows for sure but if we didn’t sell out then it was at least 98% full which I think we can agree for the purposes of this argument is equivalent to sold out. 
Certainly doesn’t justify a 30% reduction in our allocation. 

And in case you haven’t been paying attention, the first allocation of tickets was sold in under 1 minute. 
Nearly an hour later United released the rest which sold out in a couple of minutes. 
You really think the rest of us have been moaning about it for nearly 12hours because we couldn’t be bothered to go and check if there were actually any tickets left?

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

?

Surely I don't have to explain the 12th man effect that players and managers have been going on about for decades and how 2000 people at a title decider would make substantially more noise than 1400? 

Anyone without a bias towards Utd can see exactly why the tickets have been restricted. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Well, no he's obviously not the only creditor, that's why I said he's the only significant creditor. If he was literally the only creditor then I would have said that. There's a couple of million due to the Government, interest free, for the covid recovery loans which pretty much every club in the country took advantage of. It would have been negligent not to. Beyond that there will be your usual business invoices, maybe staged payments for a transfer fee here or there. The usual, run of the mill,  accounting practises. Nothing's in default and everyone will be paid, except Mr Ogren. Nae luck Mr Ogren.

Edit: Practises*. FFS.

Glad we've established you have plenty of debts outside of your owner. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Surely I don't have to explain the 12th man effect that players and managers have been going on about for decades and how 2000 people at a title decider would make substantially more noise than 1400? 

Anyone without a bias towards Utd can see exactly why the tickets have been restricted. 

Are you saying 1400 fans making a noise isn't a 12th man? 

Edit- actually, are you telling me that you, the Raith players and every other football team can tell the difference between 1400 fans and 2000 fans??

Edited by Glen Scotia

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I would go a stage further and not sell them any tickets. Checkpoints at the Tay Bridge should be enacted with drivers forced to say 'I actually quite like Dunfermline' to ensure only regular commuters get through.

You won't have any problems with Livvy fans next season

On 20/03/2024 at 22:21, invergowrie arab said:

As others have said I'd be stunned (stunned I tell you) if this isn't an initial allocation and Raith get as many tickets as the need by selling sections in the JK.

Unfortunately with a heavy heart Utd will have to charge you 27 quid for the top tier view though.

I'm stunned 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

What are you smoking @Pull My Strings?

The tweet I sourced was showing less than 50 tickets left 24hrs before the game. 
Nobody knows for sure but if we didn’t sell out then it was at least 98% full which I think we can agree for the purposes of this argument is equivalent to sold out. 
Certainly doesn’t justify a 30% reduction in our allocation. 

And in case you haven’t been paying attention, the first allocation of tickets was sold in under 1 minute. 
Nearly an hour later United released the rest which sold out in a couple of minutes. 
You really think the rest of us have been moaning about it for nearly 12hours because we couldn’t be bothered to go and check if there were actually any tickets left?

Ffs. Have a cup of tea and think about what you're saying.

No, 98% if that's what it was, isn't a sell out. For non crowd w**k purposes, the point is that no one missed out on a ticket, which is entirely the issue at hand. So, no, not the same The "we sold out this time in under a minute" has just been pulled out of your arse and you know it. Which is disappointing given that your next point is "durr, would folk make a fuss on the internet about nothing?" I don't think you need me to address that one.

So aye, some folk on the internet are fucking idiots. Don't be one of those guys.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Glad we've established you have plenty of debts outside of your owner. 

Well, if you're accepting my posts at face value, then what we've established is that you're a fucking idiot who struggles to understand the most basic of concepts. I'll restate the only premise offered so you know exactly what to counter: the only creditor of any significance (to the club and to the creditor) is Mark Ogren. It's therefore beyond idiotic to suggest that Ogren is causing some detriment to the creditors by choosing to sell a particular allocation of tickets when the only creditor who could be prejudiced by that decision is Ogren himself.

If we're not accepting that then no doubt you'll be able to offer some alternative view. Your suggestion, after all, was that there are creditors who will be prejudiced by United offering a particular allocation of tickets in one game. That's complete horseshit and you're talking out of your arse. No doubt you'll be able to refute this point quite easily.  I can't wait.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Well, if you're accepting my posts at face value, then what we've established is that you're a fucking idiot who struggles to understand the most basic of concepts. I'll restate the only premise offered so you know exactly what to counter: the only creditor of any significance (to the club and to the creditor) is Mark Ogren. It's therefore beyond idiotic to suggest that Ogren is causing some detriment to the creditors by choosing to sell a particular allocation of tickets when the only creditor who could be prejudiced by that decision is Ogren himself.

If we're not accepting that then no doubt you'll be able to offer some alternative view. Your suggestion, after all, was that there are creditors who will be prejudiced by United offering a particular allocation of tickets in one game. That's complete horseshit and you're talking out of your arse. No doubt you'll be able to refute this point quite easily.  I can't wait.

That's a lot of words just to say "I am fucking raging at being called out for talking shite".

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

No, 98% if that's what it was, isn't a sell out. For non crowd w**k purposes, the point is that no one missed out on a ticket, which is entirely the issue at hand. So, no, not the same The "we sold out this time in under a minute" has just been pulled out of your arse and you know it. Which is disappointing given that your next point is "durr, would folk make a fuss on the internet about nothing?" I don't think you need me to address that one.

So aye, some folk on the internet are fucking idiots. Don't be one of those guys.

A whole lot of ittational anger on this post too. After being away from P&B for a while I completely forgot what a seething mess PMS can be. It's great to be back. 

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Lots of Raith fans including myself have referred to the previous game as 'sold out'.

For some reason you've got a real bee in your bonnet about insisting it wasn't sold out.

The social media posts I've shown give evidence of there being less than 50 tickets left 24hrs before the game.

It's safe to assume that we managed to sell another 50 tickets on the morning of the game, but even if we didn't sell some of the shitty restricted view tickets that were left, 98% full is as close to a sell-out as makes no odds.

I think it's fair enough for us to refer to it as being "sold out" rather than saying "we sold 1900 of the 1950 available tickets".

Regarding the sold out in under a minute line- no I didn't pull this out of my arse.

I logged on at 10am sharp to see the first allocation of tickets available- I tried in vain to get two tickets next to each other without one of them disappearing before I could get it in my basket and 1 minute later there were no more seats available that I could buy (no poetic license here- it was genuinely 10.01am). 

You can believe that or not, but that's the truth of it.

20 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Lots of Raith fans including myself have referred to the previous game as 'sold out'.

For some reason you've got a real bee in your bonnet about insisting it wasn't sold out.

The social media posts I've shown give evidence of there being less than 50 tickets left 24hrs before the game.

It's safe to assume that we managed to sell another 50 tickets on the morning of the game, but even if we didn't sell some of the shitty restricted view tickets that were left, 98% full is as close to a sell-out as makes no odds.

I think it's fair enough for us to refer to it as being "sold out" rather than saying "we sold 1900 of the 1950 available tickets".

Regarding the sold out in under a minute line- no I didn't pull this out of my arse.

I logged on at 10am sharp to see the first allocation of tickets available- I tried in vain to get two tickets next to each other without one of them disappearing before I could get it in my basket and 1 minute later there were no more seats available that I could buy (no poetic license here- it was genuinely 10.01am). 

You can believe that or not, but that's the truth of it.

Aye, I logged into the website at 10:01 and couldn't get a seat in that first block. 

48 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Love my club 

Screenshot_20240322_125405_Chrome.jpg

I think you'll find it's 600 tickets 😜

7 minutes ago, North West said:

Here, don't know if it's true, but I've been hearing 98% of Raith Rovers fans are utterly livid that they're not being treated as a huge club.

Any truth in that rumour?

98% true.