Dundee United 23/24

Gutted about McMann as absolute worst he's a good squad option in the Prem.

I hope we haven't offered Holt another deal as it would likely mean Graham doesn't play or is away.

Bisland is an odd one, he must be signed up down south as he apparently showed real potential at academy.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Gutted about McMann as absolute worst he's a good squad option in the Prem.

I hope we haven't offered Holt another deal as it would likely mean Graham doesn't play or is away.

Bisland is an odd one, he must be signed up down south as he apparently showed real potential at academy.

Holt and Graham to start, with Gallagher on the bench surely? 

I think after his performances towards the end of the season Goodwin would start him over Gallagher.

Disappointed for Mochrie and surprised about McMann, though he did struggle at times in the Premiership. I assumed the young laddie Moore was highly rated, he looked the part at Ibrox that day we had to play the young team. 

4 minutes ago, EuroArab said:

I think after his performances towards the end of the season Goodwin would start him over Gallagher.

Hope so, feels like it's Graham's time to shine in the coming season.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Disappointed for Mochrie and surprised about McMann, though he did struggle at times in the Premiership. I assumed the young laddie Moore was highly rated, he looked the part at Ibrox that day we had to play the young team. 

I'd forgotten about him tbh but they definitely did impress.

Surprised you’re keeping Holt (presumably) - I had it in my head he was destined for that James Keatings thing of winning the second tier and then immediately signing for the biggest team in it again. 

Slightly surprised at some names on the list: letting both left backs and 3/4 midfielders leave could indicate targets have been spotted or spoken to already. Of the group departing, I'm most disappointed for Mochrie, who'll easily find another club. 

The indication that Cudjoe and Holt may have been offered further contracts also startles me.

Overall, I guess this means Goodwin is staying.............. some folk will be apoplectic. 

Shocked at McMann. Assumed he'd be a decent squad player but maybe he wants to go as he won't be first choice next season?

Feel bad for Mochrie. Good Arab scoring that goal then let go a couple of weeks later must be a kick in the plums.

Other than that, I'm very much 'meh'. It'll allow us to bring in improvements on the squad rather than being bloated with players that didn't do that much at a level below where we want to stay.

I'd assume Cudjoe has been offered something so we get some sort of compo when he goes?

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Shocked at McMann. Assumed he'd be a decent squad player but maybe he wants to go as he won't be first choice next season?

Feel bad for Mochrie. Good Arab scoring that goal then let go a couple of weeks later must be a kick in the plums.

Other than that, I'm very much 'meh'. It'll allow us to bring in improvements on the squad rather than being bloated with players that didn't do that much at a level below where we want to stay.

I'd assume Cudjoe has been offered something so we get some sort of compo when he goes?

Afaik with Cudjoe he was offered a decent contract but kept knocking the offers back believing he would get more. Lines been drawn under it but the offers still there for as you say compo reasons.

I didn't realise Duffy was away too. 

So 2x LBs required for next season minimum. Maybe that's why we are keeping Holt? Back 3 in the Prem 🤔

Ruthless. I don’t mind it. Mcmann was arguably very poor in the SPL and it was clearly a confidence issue but I’m not surprised. It’s been years since we had a great left back and hopefully JG has one lined up. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Surprised you’re keeping Holt (presumably) - I had it in my head he was destined for that James Keatings thing of winning the second tier and then immediately signing for the biggest team in it again. 

He’s had a very good season so I’m not against giving him a 1 year deal but if he gets released i won’t be overly bothered.

Edited by FifeArab

3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

It will be interesting to see where those players all end up. I'd be surprised if any are at a Premier league club 

Agreed. Maybe Mcmann who could play for 1 or 2 clubs in the top league this season but that’s it.

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

Whatever you think of Goodwin as a manager, in terms of recruitment at United he hasn't done too badly 

Moult, Gallagher, Docherty and Holt were 4 good signings who in my opinion could play for us next season.

17 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Ruthless. I don’t mind it. Mcmann was arguably very poor in the SPL and it was clearly a confidence issue but I’m not surprised. It’s been years since we had a great left back and hopefully JG has one lined up. 

Maybe not so much Goodwin but the new recruitment guy?

Couldnt care less about any of them leaving to be honest. The only one who can maybe feel hard done by is Mcmann but he was terrible when we were relegated so maybe the Championship is his level. A little disappointed not to see more names on that list including Cudjoe etc as guys like that couldnt cut it in the Championship so god knows what they have to offer in the top league

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we'll be going with a younger squad next season so won't have any interest.

1 hour ago, EuroArab said:

f**k that, straight back down if that is our first choice CB's next season. Both should be squad players filling in when required.