Dundee United 23/24

Wonder what odds you’d get for Goodwin to be sacked in less games than Jack Ross ? 
I for one laughed my tits off when United kept him on after he lost the last 5 games after the split against the 5 worst teams in the league, absolutely shocking decision from the United board , Spartans and Darval now on his CV 

5 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Wonder what odds you’d get for Goodwin to be sacked in less games than Jack Ross ? 
I for one laughed my tits off when United kept him on after he lost the last 5 games after the split against the 5 worst teams in the league, absolutely shocking decision from the United board , Spartans and Darval now on his CV 

He shouldn’t have been given a two-year deal after being relegated. Lost our final 6 league games of the season; the only team to lose all post-split fixtures since it was introduced. If Fox was worthy of the punt after 7 successive defeats then Goodwin was as well.

Just now, VanBasten said:

He shouldn’t have been given a two-year deal after being relegated. Lost our final 6 league games of the season; the only team to lose all post-split fixtures since it was introduced. If Fox was worthy of the punt after 7 successive defeats then Goodwin was as well.

FP69i_ZXMAIXWfP.thumb.jpg.67f4d4c171e40284c0f673e0574b264e.jpg

4 minutes ago, VanBasten said:

I remain convinced he was offered a deal until the end of season 24-25 in March, contrary to reports from Tannadice that it was a short term appointment. 

What other reason was there to keep him on at the end of the season?

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I remain convinced he was offered a deal until the end of season 24-25 in March, contrary to reports from Tannadice that it was a short term appointment. 

What other reason was there to keep him on at the end of the season?

For a start, there was his track record in the cups at his prev...

Ok, there was the clear improvement in our defending since...

Well, I'm sure there was something that wasn't just that he had already actually signed a 2 year deal. Probably.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think some United fans need to check their negativity. A penalty miss (Watt didn't hit it hard enough FFS) and a couple of worldie saves and we should have won that.

Nothing about the performance today has me worried.

First competitive game of the season and folk hounding the whole team and manager out the door.

No wonder we are where we are right now.

Love the optimism.  I now know where your user name comes from!
IMG_1039.gif.3aad098751b37e8c3965c994406041ab.gif

6 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I think the problem lies in what Dundee utd achieved in the 80s.

No idea how you managed to get to reach such heights but you are now just reverting back to your natural position.

Enjoy.

I reckon our ‘natural position’ is mid table Premiership.  Every Arab would bite your hand off for that.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think some United fans need to check their negativity. A penalty miss (Watt didn't hit it hard enough FFS) and a couple of worldie saves and we should have won that.

Nothing about the performance today has me worried.

First competitive game of the season and folk hounding the whole team and manager out the door.

No wonder we are where we are right now.

^^

Jim Goodwin found.