Dundee United 23/24

Obviously won't get too excited as Arbroath did look really bad, but there's been promising signs ever since the Peterhead game.

Moult is the key signing. Let's pray he can stay fit.

I've always been a bigger fan of McMann than most, so delighted by how he has started the season. 

36 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Obviously won't get too excited as Arbroath did look really bad, but there's been promising signs ever since the Peterhead game.

Moult is the key signing. Let's pray he can stay fit.

I've always been a bigger fan of McMann than most, so delighted by how he has started the season. 

I agree with every word here.

McMann was excellent tonight (again)

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'd like to apologise to mcmann, cudjoe and Middleton.

Obviously they were an absolute gang but an excellent performance. Seemed to be 3 options every time the defence or centre mids had the ball. 

Didn't score second half but thought we were just as good.

Aye, likewise. Middleton and Cudjoe: nae end product; McMann: mediocre at best. Notwithstanding Moult's three assists and goal, I'd have been tempted to give McMann MOTM. Just absolutely relentless up and down the line, winning challenges, skinning guys and banging in crosses. The volley from 20 yards against the post just taking the piss.

I think we've found our level.

I'm very happy with that result and the performance. Even accounting for the fact that Arbroath were pretty dire, that's exactly the sort of performance we needed after both last season's shit show and then getting knocked out of the League cup despite lacking a Premiership team in our group. Players I've recently criticised like Middleton and McMann showed exactly what I want to see from them, while Cudjoe finally got a goal I'd feared was never going to materialise.

Frankly, my big complaint after the Partick cup game was that we just didn't look like we'd be ruthless and score enough to kill off games. Delighted to be already been partly proven wrong.

I'm getting on board with Docherty and Sibbald as our central midfield pairing. Sibbald still does a power of covering work, but with Docherty in there beside him, unlike last season he's not having to do the job of 2-3 people. It frees him up to get forward more and he got his reward tonight.

Not that any of you will probably care what I think, but you were absolutely outstanding in the first half - quick counter-attacks and clinical finishing. Aye, Arbroath are dog shite, but play like that and you will do very well this season.

I think the Championship will be close again, as there look to be a few decent teams in the league. I reckon Airdrieonians will be the surprise package.  

I like Jim and I wish him and Dundee United success this season.