Peterhead. Season 23-24

17 hours ago, peternapper said:

Hopefully better than last season. 😆

Last season was probably the worst that I can remember in the 50 odd years that I have followed them - we had some dark seasons at the Rec when we were in the Highland League, however, nothing as bad as this. We have to hit the ground running as a poor start often means playing catch-up and the confidence starts to go.

Nothing could be worse than last season. We started badly with a threadbare squad and had long term injuries to Hamish Ritchie, Andy McCarthy and didn't even have a recognised striker until December when Rusty came back from injury, came on as a sub in two games, red carded and promptly shown the door by Robertson. It was also the toughest league I can remember with four full time teams to contend with.

This season will be make or break  for Brown/Strachan in their first managerial job. Early signs look promising as they have managed to sign/ retain a good nucleus of players and the results since they took over from Robertson were a definite improvement so fingers crossed for the lads.

One consolation, we won't have two marathon trips to Annan to look forward to and we resume our old rivalry with Elgin City.

1 hour ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

Nothing could be worse than last season. We started badly with a threadbare squad and had long term injuries to Hamish Ritchie, Andy McCarthy and didn't even have a recognised striker until December when Rusty came back from injury, came on as a sub in two games, red carded and promptly shown the door by Robertson. It was also the toughest league I can remember with four full time teams to contend with.

This season will be make or break  for Brown/Strachan in their first managerial job. Early signs look promising as they have managed to sign/ retain a good nucleus of players and the results since they took over from Robertson were a definite improvement so fingers crossed for the lads.

One consolation, we won't have two marathon trips to Annan to look forward to and we resume our old rivalry with Elgin City.

I mean, it's further to Stranraer, but ok...

34 minutes ago, Sheltie97 said:

How did John Allan get on last season, I see he left and went to Turriff.

Didn't get much game time but when he did get on, I think the tempo was something he wasn't used to and caught him out a few times.

The Highland League should suit him as he will have a chance to start games.

He was a nice guy and hope he does well at Turra.

Guest Sheltie97
9 minutes ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

Didn't get much game time but when he did get on, I think the tempo was something he wasn't used to and caught him out a few times.

The Highland League should suit him as he will have a chance to start games.

He was a nice guy and hope he does well at Turra.

Yes it was a big step up from Shetland football level, good experience for him and as you say hopefully he can get a regular start at Turriff

Edited by Sheltie97

28 minutes ago, Peterhead Dave said:

A couple of decent early signings but it's all gone a bit quiet of late. Hopefully a few more earlyish additions to the squad, as the new management can't be scrambling around to build out the squad as happened (twice!) last term.

Probably waiting to see what's happening down the road at Cove.